Role: Associate Director – Water Market
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience + benefits
This role offers a Hybrid working Pattern and flexible working hours.
Are you ready to work as part of a multi-award-winning, multidiciplinary consultancy firm who is a global leader in engineering services, design consultation, and project management. I am currently working with a client looking for an experienced Engineer to fill the role of Associate director. You will be managuing and working alongside teams of engineering experts on a variety of difficult projects in industries including water, cities and development, energy, and defence.
There will always be opportunities to challenge and grow yourself as the client's scope encompasses a wide range of tasks such as utilities, drainage, pavement design, and even more heavy seismic structure design both in the UK and overseas.Your knowledge will span the whole life cycle of buildings and other physical structures, including the feasibility, planning, research, design, and supervision of brand-new assets as well as the evaluation, maintenance, and rehabilitation of already-existing ones.
As an Associate Director, you will be responsible for:
• Cultivate and preserve important client connections with regional and international water clients.
• Oversee the creation of proposals, fees, scope definitions, and high-calibre responses to customer bids in compliance with the businesss bid management system.
• Both during the project delivery and bidding stages, engaging a client or contractor (including Design & Build) to conduct conversations on technical water civil engineering solutions with technical and non-technical clients.
• Identify opportunities to promote value propositions with water clients.
• Work cooperatively across teams and practises in a multidisciplinary context to guarantee project success.
• Lead an efficient project delivery process while adhering to the businesss management governance.
• Responsibility for the efficient management of risks and the successful completion of projects.
• Performing technical design work, including reviewing and supervising the engineering design deliverables from project teams, such as engineering design calculations, drawings, and report writing that complies with the businesss design management system.
• Take the lead in the development of technically sound and secure solutions for projects in compliance with the applicable design standards and codes.
• Encourage the use of digital engineering projects and the implementation of ground-breaking improvements in water sector solutions.
• Mentoring and line management responsibilities for team members, from graduates to less experienced senior team members
• Exemplify technical leadership in the field of water engineering.
You will need:
• Chartered Member of an established engineering institution education to degree level in one of the engineering disciplines (Civil, Mechanical, Process, EICA).
• extensive hands-on experience in the implementation of projects, bids, and leadership in the field of water and/or wastewater engineering.
• A strong technical water sector background, incl. knowledge of applicable UK and international norms and standards, for water and/or wastewater infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure assets.
• Experience working with contractors to successfully implement engineering solutions, including the Design & Build environment.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the capacity to function both independently and collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, including with Clients, Contractors, and co-workers.
• Proven track record of innovation in the water sector, including innovative materials, prefabrication, circularity, and digital advancements.
• Flexible approach to project assignment types and locations, including, if necessary, working or visiting abroad.
If you are match many or all of these qualities and are looking for a new role, then please reach out and apply.
For more information, please contact Danielle Vermeer on 0113 205 1269 or email Danielle.Vermeer@anderselite.com