Role: Associate Director Civil Engineer - Water Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience + benefits.
This role offers a Hybrid working Pattern and flexible working hours.
I am currently working with a client who is a world-leader in engineering services, design consultancy and project management, looking for Associate Director Civil Engineer to join their water sector.
They are open to a range of experiences and intend to use your specialised knowledge to help their team win and deliver innovative multidisciplinary engineering solutions for their local water clients in the North as well as their wide range of strategic UK and international clients, in both Clean Water and Wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure areas. This covers desalination, pipelines, pumping stations, collection and storage systems, digital twins, and treatment facilities.
You would be ideal for this position if you are a civil engineer with experience with clean and wastewater water and would like to participate in their ambitious growth strategy in the North, the rest of the UK, and globally, which would open fantastic career chances.
You will be responsible for:
• Maintaining solid client relationships and promoting continuous delivery improvement while serving as the programme manager or project director on regional frameworks with important clients.
• Serving as the lead project manager, design manager, or discipline lead on projects being delivered across the UK and international project lifecycles, including feasibility studies, front-end to detailed design (including Design and Build), and construction support.
• Establishing and preserving crucial client connections with regional and international water customers
• Manage the bid process, the creation of proposals, fees, scope definition, and quality responses to customer tenders in compliance with the business bid management system.
• Engaging in talks on technical water civil engineering solutions with clients and/or contractors (including design-build) both throughout the project delivery and bidding stages
• Identifying new ways to market value propositions to water clients
• Collaborating across teams and practises in a multidisciplinary setting to guarantee successful project delivery.
• Directing the effective completion of projects in accordance with the management governance of the firm, both in terms of schedule and budget.
• Accountability for successful risk management and profitable project delivery
• Performing technical design work, including reviewing, and supervising the engineering design deliverables from project teams, such as engineering design calculations, drawings, and report writing that complies with the business design management system.
• Taking the lead in the development of technically sound and secure solutions for projects in compliance with the applicable design standards and codes
• Encouraging the use of digital engineering projects and the implementation of ground-breaking improvements in water sector solutions.
• Mentoring team members, ranging from recent graduates to less experienced senior team members.
• Providing technical leadership in the field of water engineering
Your qualifications and skillset will include:
• Chartered Member of an established engineering institution education to degree level in one of the engineering disciplines (Civil, Mechanical, Process, EICA).
• Extensive hands-on experience in the implementation of projects, bids, and leadership in the field of water and/or wastewater engineering.
• A strong technical background in the water sector, including knowledge of applicable UK and international norms and standards for water and/or wastewater infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure assets.
• Working with contractors to successfully implement engineering solutions, including the design-and-build setting.
• A proven track record of innovation in the water sector, including innovative materials, prefabrication, circularity, and digital advancements.
• Flexible approach to project assignment types and locations, including, if necessary, working or visiting abroad.
You will receive:
• Competitive Pay
• A collaborative and friendly working culture
• 25 days holiday + Statutory Bank Holidays
• Training & Development opportunities
• Gym Membership Discounts
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programmes for advice and counselling
• Company Pension and Death in Service scheme
• Company car
If you are a Civil Design Engineer looking for a new role, then please reach out and apply.
For more information, please contact Danielle Vermeer on 0113 242 0303 or email Danielle.Vermeer@anderselite.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.