Anderselite are currently recruiting for experienced Assitant Site Manager, based aroundd Sheffield.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working within a team to ensure delivery of the day-to-day small projects activities for the UK, and support the UK Small Projects Team in ensuring Small Projects activities are scheduled and delivered as per program and within budget. The role will assist the Project Management team in ensuring that each work stream is scheduled, planned and delivered on time and that the activity is delivered at its best possible level of cost and operating efficiency. They will help the team provide highly responsive and proactive management services.
Key Tasks –
- Supporting a diverse portfolio delivering Small Projects.
- Assisting in the preparation of tenders, specifications, presentation and business case submission to the client, and management of works through to completion.
- Respond to reactive issues raised which falls outside of the FM remit
- Assisting in the delivery and management of the clients CAPEX expenditure.
- Provide assurance and compliance with internal and external audits
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Client/Stakeholder Management
– Work with the PM team to proactively engage stakeholders to ensure small projects are delivered successfully within budget and on time.
– Build and develop effective client / stakeholder relationships across multiple levels of the organisation
– Be a contact for delivery of small projects – and support the Project Management team in providing regular updates on progress at scheduled meetings.
- Procurement & Vendor Management
– Ensure vendors are well-managed, delivering services on time and within budget
– Ensure that vendor procurement processes comply with agreed client procurement guidelines as well as Jones Lang LaSalle best practice
- Contracts Management
– Assisting in managing all contracts to ensure that they are professionally delivered at the right costs
– Ensure expiry of contracts are well-monitored and re-procurement is initiated if needed
– Ensure contracts are continually assessed to deliver best value to the client
- Finance Management / Cost Control / Profitability
– Support the FM and PM teams in actively working to ensure that the site’s financial operations are meeting or exceeding targets and control requirements including the Jones Lang LaSalle Code of Ethics
– Ensure financial processes are followed at all times
- Health & Safety Management
– Ensure the provision of a safe working environment
– Ensure compliance with statutory regulations on fire, health and safety standards
- Site Operations Management
– Promote continuous quality improvement practices and implement Industry Best Practice operations
– Implement small projects procedures and performance measures and ensure they are maintained at all times
- Risk Management
– Ensure subcontractors and/or vendors work to Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
– Ensure contingency plans are in place for all work activities.
– Ensure escalation procedures and incident reporting procedures are implemented and in place
– Assist in the development of guidelines and strategies to ensure compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle’s business conduct
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreement
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Degree in project management or equivalent building / construction related qualifications (i.e. building surveying, mechanical and electrical), with work experience in either a consulting or contracting organisation.
- Working towards a Professional Qualification via a recognised body e.g. AssocRICS / MRICS, APMP or PRINCE2.
- Excellent understanding of building and M&E maintenance
- Excellent people skills and ability to interact with a wide range of client staff and demands
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety requirements
- Strong PC literacy and proven ability to manage daily activities using various systems.
- Knowledge of vendor management for specialized services
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts
- Budget management and financial analysis skills