My client has a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join them on one of their sites in Herefordshire. My client is a top UK national housebuilder with a 5 star rating.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for supporting the commercial delivery of residential redevelopment schemes. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of JCT and bespoke contracts and possess an appreciation of project processes along with design and risk management.
The ideal candidate will have experience of commercial assistance in delivering major affordable housing and contracting schemes with values in excess of £5m and will have worked in a similar level role for a main contractor or developer within the region.
- Strive to optimise the profitability of the Contracts.
- Ensure that the Contracts achieve the optimum cashflow position.
- Assist with contract documentation and sub-contract documentation so that it is completed and forwarded to the Commercial Manager for authorisation and storage.
- Compliance with Commercial and Company procedures through the Business Management System.
- Assisting in the presentation of external valuations to the Client’s Representative.
- Assisting in preparation of pricing variations for agreement with the Client’s Representative.
- Prepare and manage subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts under the guidance of the senior commercial team.
- Assist in the Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation.
- Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the Vistry Business Management System and that the packages cover the scope of the works.
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors.
- Work towards the achievement of objectives and targets for the Contract teams.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly CVR & VCA reports for presentation to the Business Unit Management.
- Monitoring the risk and opportunity schedule and managing risk from Commencement to Completion.
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings.
- Ensure a proactive approach to dispute avoidance.
- Ensure company health and safety standards and procedures are followed throughout the team
Experience and qualifications
- Demonstrable strong account management and commercial experience.
- Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing on- site environment.
- Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation / communication skills
- Degree qualified preferable.
- Professional membership of MCIOB or RICS preferable or working towards such qualification.
- Proven experience within the construction industry as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary and Package
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support with a professional membership
This is a superb opportunity to join an established but growing business working with opportunity for career progression. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on the number supplied or via email on email@example.com