My clients are looking to appoint an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis. My clients are a 5-star housebuilder with an excellent reputation in the market and big plans for expansion in the next 12-18 months.
This role of Assistant Quantity Surveyor is responsible for working with project surveyors and help with the managing of the commercial aspects of each development.
Principal accountabilities of the role include:
- Produce tender packs, chasing returns and compiling analysis of returns.
- Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
- Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with policy.
- Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
- Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, project review meetings with construction team as well as external contractors.
- Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with take-off’s for land appraisals when required
Experience, Qualifications, and skills
- Experience of working as an Assistant or Trainee Quantity Surveyor with a residential house builder.
- HND/HNC Building Studies
- GCSE Grade C/4+ or equivalent in English and Maths
- Current CSCS card or equivalent is desirable
- Strong communication and listening skills, with good negotiation skills
- Highly motivated to deliver quality developments
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrates ability to meet deadlines
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Good administration skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
Package and benefits
- Excellent basic salary
- Company car / car allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on the number supplied or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org