Please find the below details for my latest role.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Greater Manchester - up to £30,000 plus package - please email to apply
If you require more information, please ring on 07980 006 436
Client - Regional Contractor
Projects - shopfitting projects across the retail, commercial, healthcare, and leisure sectors
A well and long-established family run construction, joinery and shopfitting company are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team in their office in Greater Manchester.
This contractor has an excellent reputation of delivering outstanding fit-out projects across all sectors and they have a strong Northwest presence. They build on their reputation by undertaking activities in a sustainable and responsible manner.
Projects will be UK based and will be within the following sectors:
Small Works and Refurbishments
Responsibilities of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
* Commercial responsibility for projects, managing the project costs from Pre-Construction to completion and reporting to the Managing Director.
* Project build cost achieved to the budget.
* All contractual notices to sub-contractors issued on time.
* Sub-contract packages commenced on time because of timely placement in line with project delivery targets.
* Liaising with clients
* Developing and implementing new procedures
*Preparation of tenders and quotations
*Instructing sub-contractor and supplier orders
*Plant and equipment ordering
*Financially monitoring of projects
*Monitoring of projects and measured term contracts
*Pricing additional and varied works
You will assist in:
*Evaluation and reporting of tenders
*Valuation of completed work and arranging payments
*Administration of construction contracts
*Preparation of reports to customers
* You will be flexible and willing to spend time in other offices and sites, this is to gain a full understanding of the business, projects and clients
*BSc in Quantity Surveying or construction related subject
*Be prepared to work away from home
*Construction related qualification
* A full UK and clean driving license
* Computer literate, experience working with Word, Excel and Outlook
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
* Methodical way of thinking and approach to work
* Good organisation, problem solving and negotiating skills
*Strong client service focus and excellent organisation skills
*Comfortable liaising with colleagues and clients to ensure project requirements are met
*Confident, organised and 'can do' attitude
* Dental Healthcare
* Company Pension
* 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Alexandra Smith at AndersElite is a specialist civil engineering and building recruitment consultant.
To register your interest in this excellent career opportunity, please submit your most recent CV to myself or call me if you have any questions on 07980 006 436 for a confidential discussion
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.