Job Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Reports to: Quantity Surveyor
The client provides infrastructure consultancy services including project management, quantity surveying, commercial management, financial audit and training, inspections and audits. Underpinned by innovative software and systems we seek to provide bespoke solutions to our clients opportunities. Headquartered in Lancashire they work across the UK, and our team offers a wealth of experience and expertise, with colleagues ranging from graduates to senior directors, in disciplines ranging from Chartered Surveyors, Chartered Accountants to Highway Engineers, Project Managers, Commercial Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Asbestos Awareness and Removal trainers. Their approach to providing services is forward thinking and adaptable to our customer requirements.
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor will:
* Have excellent numeracy and analytical skills.
* Willingness to solve sometimes complex scenarios with accuracy.
* Eagerness to understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices to record change etc.
* Retain a desire to work in innovative ways utilising bespoke software solutions.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company H&S procedures, work instructions and the Business Management System.
* Evaluate the cost and value of work baskets, identify projects at risk of not achieving the required margin and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project to ensure delivery of the required margin.
* Review tender documents and submission requirements ensuring all financial information is identified and provided.
* Prepare supply chain procurement schedules.
* Prepare supply chain tender packages, issue and analyse the returned supply chain tenders for completeness.
* Adjudicate the returned supply chain tenders.
* Assist with the preparation and submission of tenders.
* Enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment.
* Have previous experience within a relevant business environment.
* Hold or be working towards obtaining a degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
* Have knowledge of construction and contract law.
* Have knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes.
* Have knowledge of plant, equipment, materials and construction techniques.
* Have excellent attention to detail.
Salary and package - to be agreed
Depending on experience
Please email to apply
Please ring for more information 07980 006 436 / 0161 832 7577
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.