My Client is a leading Professional Consultancy and Technical Services firm within the built environment. Due to increasing demand and a secured pipeline of commissions they have asked me to assist in finding, and placing, an Assistant Project Manager with relevant expertise gained within the Highways or Major Infrastructure Sectors to join their growing Project Management Team in Manchester.
You will work with, and support, their Project & Programme Management Team mainly on large scale, multi-million-pound highways schemes across the Highways England Investment Portfolio.
You will work with and be supported by a wider team of experienced professionals from client, design, contractor and surveying backgrounds, helping to provide a complete range of full lifecycle project management services from pre-development advisory services, to management of programmes and projects through, procurement, delivery and project handover.
A typical week would include:
Supporting a Project Management Service on Highways Schemes by assisting in undertaking the following duties:
* Assist the Senior Project manager in the management of schemes, or manage tasks for a larger scheme
* Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the project and programme management teams and other stakeholders
* Support WSP Health and Safety Guidelines to achieve "Zero Harm"
* Support the implementation of Implement the Highways England project controls framework
* Support the Net Zero agenda
* Plan and schedule project activities and timelines
* Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
* Provide support to project team
* Report on progress of the project
* Support project evaluations and assessment of results
* Prepare and present internal reports
We want to hear from you if you have:
The following qualifications and experience may be considered representative for an appropriate candidate:
* Degree-qualified in a project management, construction, design or related discipline
* Associate or Member of an appropriate professional institution - or working towards membership
* A project management qualification or accreditation, such as APM, RICS or capable of achieving the qualification within 24 months
* Basic knowledge and understanding of construction contracts and processes
* Basic Knowledge of structured project control processes
Meeting the objectives of technical excellence and leadership, supporting their values:
* Communicate and negotiate effectively
* Recognise and report risks
* Work collaboratively as part of a team
* With colleagues, behave as a trusted client advisor to contribute to their success, acting fairly, ethically, and in a corporate and socially responsible manner
* Achieve recognition within WSP and externally through qualifications, membership of professional institutions and by sharing knowledge to deliver professional excellence
* Act in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, committed to high standards of safety performance, leading to "Zero Harm"
* Care for colleagues, encouraging their development, engagement and achievement.
In return you will enjoy a highly competitive salary, 25 days leave and 5% pension.
If your skills and experience match the description above, please send me your CV at the earliest opportunity for immediate attention.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.