My Client is looking for an Assistant Highways Engineer, with 2-4 years experience of Highways design, to join their team in the Nottingham office.
Reporting to the Highway Engineer, you will play a vital role in their Highways team, providing design solutions and services to our National Highways projects.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Assist with undertaking designs and producing design packages for target cost and construction
• Produce technical reports and other technical output to achieve project outcomes
• Undertake site visits, surveys and investigations
• Utilise design software including 3D modelling and MicroDrainage
• Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with QSE standards and processes
• Technical training/supervision/peer mentoring of Technicians
• Working collaboratively with customers and other stakeholders to understand and develop project objectives
You will have:
• Design and construction experience within the highways sector
• Commercial awareness in the delivery of projects
• Civil Engineering degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of design standards including DMRB & MCDHW
• Good knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety & Welfare & Environment in design and construction
• Computer literate on Design software and Microsoft packages
• Competent user of AutoCAD & Civils 3D
Salaries are competitive, and full support and guidance will be offered to help you achieve chartership at the earliest opportunity.
If your skills/experience match the above, and youre ready to take the next step in your career, please apply now for immediate attention.