Job Title: Assistant Delivery Manager Civil Engineering
Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, MMA Tram,
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q4 2021 (ASAP)
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum + Overtime + Package
** Negotiable on experience. We will also consider contract candidates **Purpose of the Role
Our client, a major civil engineering and infrastructure contractor, working on the Midland Metro Alliance (West Midlands & Birmingham Tram), is currently recruiting an Assistant Delivery Manager for their team, a role that will involve helping to ensure the day-to-day management and delivery of projects within the Alliance, with support from the Delivery Manager and Project leader. This role includes the coordination and facilitation of all processes.
Main Duties Of The Post:
- Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Alliance Principles, End Result Projects delivered to time, cost and quality.
- Perform the above tasks in accordance with the Alliance Charter, End Result collaborative behaviours demonstrated across stakeholders.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the WMCA, ensuring they are suitably consulted and informed throughout the project lifecycle, End Result Stakeholders informed as to project status and needs managed.
- Support the change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes, in accordance with the processes set in place by the Alliance, and its individual participants, End Result Pro-active management of risk and change leading to `no surprises and delivery within budget.
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
- Knowledge of GRIP (Governance of Rail Infrastructure Projects).
Qualifications & Experience
- Have demonstrated working history with a civil engineering of construction contractor.
- Recognised Project Management qualification. (Or recognised construction qualification).
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management or other professional body.
- A valid CSCS Card (SMSTS also adventagous).
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via firstname.lastname@example.org