My client is currently recruiting an Asset Project Manager to lead and professionally manage key projects from inception to completion across a number of primary care LIFT schemes in full accordance with the Management Services Agreement (MSA), including:
- Major alteration & refurbishment projects such as in relation to enhancing buildings' utilisation
- Lifecycle planning & production of comprehensive annual Lifecycle Expenditure Plans (LEPs)
- Identified defect resolution works
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
In liaison with the Strategic Project Manager following the identification of projects, undertake robust project management of major Project Co variations across the LIFT portfolio including:
- Developing and achieving sign off of a robust brief including helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project
- Procuring, leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques
- Managing the change control process, ensuring that projects remain within governance and adopt best practice
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances in conjunction with the finance and wider project team
- Support the co-ordination of access to work areas with head and sub-tenants to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through chairing regular progress meetings and written communications and producing robust meeting minutes to record actions and agreements.
- Prepare and maintain a project level risk register, escalating any risks or issues where appropriate
- Ensure technical details of the variation are reviewed to ensure M&E requirements, maintenance considerations, and completion requirements are included within the construction proposals
- Ensure the impact on FM and Lifecycle costs are reflected as part of the Project Agreement ensuring all asset additions and omissions to asset are suitably addressed.
- Visiting the relevant site as necessary and regularly to ensure Health & Safety measures and precautions are being properly implemented and maintained whilst assessing quality of works as they proceed. Addressing any identified deficiencies robustly.
- Suitable updating of all project impacted asset, H&S file and O&M data.
- Work with the CCG's IT and equipment leads in relation to the procurement of the ICT and equipment to the reconfigured space and co-ordinate these activities with the building commissioning and mobilisation work-streams
- Monitor inspections by Building Control, Structural Insurance Inspectors and other Statutory Inspectors
- Attend and monitor snagging inspections of the works on completion (along with the Independent Tester) and attend commissioning works inspections to verify suitable completions and performance
- Co-ordinate and obtain approved sign-off from fire, infection control and other relevant advisors at both design stage and final completion of the works.
PERSON SPECIFICATION CRITERIA
- Highly developed project, programme management and team leadership skills
- Sound technical knowledge of building fabric and construction
- Ability to review, challenge and create suitable building specifications
- Good understanding of M&E systems and terminology
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages especially Excel and Project and the ability to work with new digital technology
- Able to effectively manage risks and issues whilst interpreting and analysing information from differing sources to formulate cohesive risk assessments
- Ability to proactively detect and resolve complex contractual issues whilst retaining strong relationships with stakeholders
- Adept at extracting key information and report it in a timely manner using appropriate means of communication
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proven track record within a consultancy/client-side environment
- Professional leading, planning, coordinating, managing and delivering of significant construction or refurbishment projects with multidisciplinary teams on time, within budget and to agreed quality standards
- Providing of advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of commercial property
- Planning, scheduling and delivering life-cycle asset optimisation, replacement and renewal programmes
- Pre and post contract understanding and administration in particular of the JCT suite of contracts
- Procurement, dealing with Tenders and negotiating with contractors.
- Knowledge and experience working through RIBA Stages
- Experienced in writing professional reports
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity then please forward a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.