Anderselite are currently looking for potentially 2 experienced Architectural Technicians to provide high-level technical support to the Principal Architectural Assistant and Senior Architectural Assistant in delivering a quality architectural design service in a commercial environment.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
• To liaise with clients as part of the development brief and undertake feasibility studies. Oversee the preparation of cost estimates as necessary.
• To carry out surveys, sketch plans, working/technical drawings, robust details, specifications and prepare tender documentation for building projects using computer software (e.g., ACAD, Revit) and the Microsoft Office suite.
• To carry out contract administration, H&S (CDM Regs) co-ordination and cost control of schemes, commissioning co-ordination, ‘soft landings’ hand-over and photography of projects.
• To deal with queries and requests for information from the client services and support the team in project delivery as ‘intelligent client’ keeping abreast of developments and training in the field of architectural services and continuous professional development.
• To lead on small projects, as delegated, and provide specialist technical support and advice to client departments and other stakeholders and liaise with the design team as required.
• Act as a point of contact for technical and construction matters.
• To provide support in ensuring constitution including financial and contract procedure rules and other protocols and policy are fully observed.
• To provide support in the maintenance of the quality assurance system, file data and processes and assist with performance management procedures and systems.
• To provide support with the timely maintenance of records, completion of weekly time sheets and record of design costs and project time allocation within the department’s monitoring system, measuring performance against set criteria.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to HNC/D in a construction related discipline
Experience in a building design environment dealing with repairs, maintenance, refurbishments, extensions and new build.
Experience of producing building specifications
Experience of preparing tender documentation
Experience of undertaking building surveys
Experience of providing technical, professional and financial advice from the feasibility stage
Knowledge and experience of Quality Assurance systems
Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety procedures & CDM 2015 Regulations
Knowledge & experience of National Building Specification. • Knowledge of sustainable design & Net Zero Carbon principles
Knowledge of BREEAM
Strong REVIT and Auto CAD experience
Knowledge of modern and innovative construction methods. Yes Skills & Personal Qualities
Proficient in the use of AutoCAD & Revit software
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
Demonstrable ICT skills
Awareness of technical quality in design/building solutions
Able to problem-solve and use technical judgement in assessing building projects
Full driving licence and access to a vehicle during working hours.
In return you will have an excellent remuneration, competitive holidays and flexi-time. This is predominantly a working from home role with a need to go into the office and potentially to site every 1 to 2 weeks. You must be able to travel to Bridgend in South Wales easily and accessibly.