Anderselite are working with a RIBA Chartered Practice currently seeking anexperienced and enthusiastic Architectural Technician to join our small dynamic
architectural practice. They are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated and able to demonstrate technical proficiency and can think laterally.
Situated in Bath, the company provides architectural solutions including the restoration and adaptation of historic properties to suit modern living. They have a diverse workload of new build and refurbishment projects with construction values of £300k - £8million, located across the South of the UK.
They are looking for a Architectural Technician to join their enthusiastic & friendly team and are a small & dynamic team, focusing on high-end projects, delivering a bespoke service to clients.
• You will be providing a supporting role for the detailed design of construction drawings.
• Be involved in the production of comprehensive drawing packages.
• Help develop schemes and planning drawings.
• Delivery of Building Regulations and production information.
• Be required to effectively communicate at all levels – with colleagues, design team, external suppliers and Local Authority / Statutory Bodies, to help provide coordinated drawing and specification packages.
• Plan time and prioritise work to deliver highly detailed drawn information to meet agreed deadlines.
• Continuing Professional Development in relation to all aspects of Construction, Building Regulations, and relevant legislation. Support will be offered to progress to chartered status as part of your professional development.
Skills, Experience & Attributes:
• Good detailing knowledge in various construction methodologies.
• Familiarity of current UK Building Regulations, as well as all associated legislation.
• Understanding of current CDM regulations.
• Comfortable understanding of architectural specifications. NBS Specification experience not immediately essential, but useful.
• Have a good proficiency in AutoCAD, along with familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and SketchUp.
• Competent user of Microsoft Office packages, with good general IT skills.
• Well organised with great attention to detail and ability to see things through.
• Team player, but with an ability to work under own initiative.
Terms of employment
• Full time (37.5 hour week).
• 20 days holiday rising to 25 with each year of employment plus all usual Bank and public holidays.
• Company pension scheme.
• Remuneration commensurate with skills and experience and in line with RIBA salary