Due to expanding workload, our client are recruiting for their London Architecture Studio.
They are offering a competitive salary plus generous benefits, and the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects in a wide range of sectors. There is also training and assistance with personal development and the opportunity to participate in their Global Practice group and innovation networks.
They are listed as the 3rd largest employer of architects worldwide in the World Architecture WA100 2020 survey, with 1637 architects. We currently have 72 architectural staff in the UK. They employ around 7500 multi-disciplinary staff in the UK.
They are one of the world’s premier consulting firms, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from planning, design and engineering to programme and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, their public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Their teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivalled technical expertise and innovation, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities.
You would be working closely with the multi-disciplinary design teams, clients, and contractors. Excellent communication skills are essential.
About Our Team:
The vacancy is for an Architectural Technologist (MCIAT/FCIAT) or Architect with DFMA experience to work in the architectural special projects team. This involves working in the cultural, sports and transportation sectors on some of the world’s most exciting development projects.
Your job responsibilities will include:
• Working directly with the Creative Director of the Architectural Design Studio.
• Contributing to the conceptual and technical design of a variety of complex building projects.
• Preparing Revit Models for project documentation
• Developing architectural details and technical solutions on large scale and complex building projects.
• Collaborating with the Engineering Teams and Fabricators in turning initial ideas into Design for Manufacture and Assembly Information
• Participating in R&D activities of the design studio
• Developing digital workflows and solutions to streamline the delivery of complex architectural projects.
Chartered Architectural Technologists, (someone who holds the designation MCIAT or FCIAT) or Architect with Design for Manufacture / Assembly experience.
• Specialised in the application of building science and technology to architectural and construction projects
• Manage the design process and use your technical knowledge and expertise to provide innovative solutions and develop architectural details, design for manufacture or assembly information
• Have advanced skills in Revit Modelling and ideally Dynamo (Parametric Modelling)
• Have working knowledge of Inventor (or interest in learning it)
• Enjoy working in an inspiring multi-disciplinary environment
• Enjoy working on some of the worlds most challenging and most exciting architectural projects
• Enjoy contributing to their Global Digital Delivery and Design Practice Groups
• Enjoy innovating and seeing projects all the way through to manufacturing and assembly.Preferred Qualifications• A clear work history and proof of professional development and learning
• Ideally you will live locally to the office or be willing to relocate. However, good candidates in more remote locations would be considered, and some element of working from home will also be possible.