Anderselite are looking to appoint a Studio Lead to lead for one of their Cardiff based clients in order to develop and inspire their innovative architects and designers in their Cardiff Architecture and Master planning practice.
The client is a top 10 UK based global design Practice whose reputation is built on a culture of open collaboration, creating, and delivering excellence in all they do. Their diverse, highly skilled, passionate designers are unified with a belief – good design can positively transform people’s lives.
Their expertise ranges across all key sectors and aspects of the built environment and they are recognised leaders in the creation and delivery of environments, buildings and places that are good for people and improve our environment.
Their Midlands, South West and Wales region includes 4 offices Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff, and Birmingham and they have over 90 architectural staff across our offices with a particular expertise in Education, Commercial, Energy, Defence and Residential. Architectural staff include Architects, Architectural technologists, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects and Building Surveying professionals with a balance team mix of graduates through to senior professionals and directors. People are the heart of their success and supporting, training, and mentoring their staff is paramount to remaining at the forefront of design and innovation.
About the role:
They are looking for a Studio Lead with great design abilities having been the author of a substantial portfolio of work. Below we set out the objectives and job description for the role of Studio Lead with a focus on the local market based in their Cardiff Studio. You would also be responsible for practice management around leading the Cardiff Studio for Architecture.
The role requires individuals with direct experience of lead coordinator role, delivering projects at all stages. They are seeking creative designers as well as technically focused individuals. The ability to engage with clients and stakeholders is also required.
Successful candidates should be familiar with the full construction process from business development, to bidding and project delivery - including the successful commercial management of projects.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of a studio, including staff development, resource management and finance.
- Work proactively within a multi- disciplinary environment to deliver project management leadership on major opportunities.
- To lead and support business development and work winning/bidding within the local South Wales and Cardiff markets.
- Development of the design culture and capability of our multi-disciplinary design team(s).
- To continue to develop designs that are firmly rooted with a strong narrative and that seek to enhance our reputation.
- To secure work through bidding and developing compelling design concepts.
- Contribute to design leadership and culture.
- Successful delivery of projects to a high level of quality and Client satisfaction acting as Lead Consultant/Design Manager.
- Identifying opportunities and supporting the development of winning bids for projects in the government, education, and related sectors - both single discipline and multi-disciplinary.
- Able to demonstrable track record and familiarity with local government and education sector clients in South Wales / Cardiff.
- A creative designer with an understanding of technical delivery.
- Proven team management skills and experience.
- Be able to work calmly under pressure and lead, inspire and motivate our teams.
- Experience in preparing successful bids and tenders.
- Ability to confidently engage with clients and stakeholders.
- Direct experience of lead coordinator role, delivering projects at all stages.
- A good awareness of Autodesk Revit and managing projects in a BIM environment.
- Practical working knowledge of SketchUp or other similar software package.
- Practical working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other similar software package.
The opportunity to work both locally and within their national business to win and deliver work and with these opportunities there will be a requirement for flexibility in respect of travel and location based on project demands.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with them, you'll enjoy "Total Reward," a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career, and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to them. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
Rewards and Benefits:
They offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing they provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need. Their offices run their own sports and social clubs providing a wide range of activities. You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt in to a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, child care vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
They welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working they would encourage you to explore the flexible working options they are able to offer during the interview process.
They recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in Architecture, but who cannot commit to full time employment. They support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.