We are working with an unique consultancy, testing, certification and training organisation offering expertise in virtually every aspect of the built environment. With 100 years of experience, they offer an unrivalled investigations service to help prevent and solve problems wherever they arise. Their clients include architects, main contractors, product manufacturers, building owners, insurers and loss adjusters. They also provide technical reports to assist clients with understanding the issues that have resulted in failure as well as acting as Expert Witnesses in litigation.
They are currently seeking an Architect with experience of investigating building failures to join their Construction Consultancy team as a Principal Consultant.
This role will be responsible for dealing with potential clients to understand the issues/failures, planning a review or investigation and issuing a costed proposal. Once proposals have been accepted, the role will be responsible for undertaking site investigations as necessary, reviewing drawings, specifications, etc. and determining the cause(s) of the failures based on the evidence that has been collected. The results will then be written into formal reports that may be used in litigation processes. The role will work within a small team of consultants and be part of a larger testing
department, with the ability to draw on the expertise of colleagues and to assist colleagues in complex issues.
How will success be measured?
* Provide expert opinions on problems with buildings, construction contracts and construction processes.
* Review drawings and specifications to understand co-ordinated detailing and identify potential problems.
* Carry out site inspections, including physical examinations of materials and details during intrusive inspections.
* Compare as-built details to requirements of Building Regulations, British Standards and other industry best-practice guidance.
* Set out the results of investigations in formal reports, providing evidence-based opinion on causation of defects and the contractual responsibility of the parties involved.
* As expert witness, to act in disputes involving matters of professional negligence, construction defects, design defects and project management. This may extend to giving oral evidence in legal proceedings or participating in arbitrations or mediations.
What experience and skills does this role need?
* Architect with experience of investigating and rectifying defects in buildings
* Professional membership of RIBA.
* Understanding of the Building Regulations and how British Standards are applied to buildings.
* An understanding of contractual relationships.
* Experience of site work conducted for client assignments.
* Attention to detail, and the ability to undertake thorough investigations on-site.
* Systematic approach to interrogative techniques and strong planning and organisation skills.
* Ability to operate independently and main impartiality with confidence.
* Ability to assimilate complex information into a comprehensive client report.
* Have excellent report writing skills with experience of preparing detailed reports setting out facts, evidence, opinion and conclusions.
* Ability to travel nationally and, on occasions, internationally.
* Team player with the ability to collaborate with solicitors and insurers as well as sub-contractors and site operatives, and to work well within a large department of engineers, technicians and specialists in various fields.
* Previous experience of Expert Witness work.
* Familiarity with materials or product testing processes/equipment.
Excellent salary and benefits package for the right person as well as ongoing training and development given.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.