Accounts Assistant - Barnsley
£23,000 per annum + study support + competitive benefits package
Anderselite are currently recruiting on behalf of our client Ancala Water Services for an Accounts Assistant to be based in Barnsley. Ancala Water Services deliver water and wastewater services to over 1,100 sites throughout England and Wales including the £1billion 25-year Aquatrine A contract delivering water, wastewater, fire system maintenance and specialist estate management services to the Ministry of Defence.
In this role, the Accounts Assistant will support the finance department in delivering accurate and on time financial performance data and metrics. This role will provide cover and development opportunities in all aspects of the finance function.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to have:
- Previous knowledge and experience of working within a finance team across different functions. (AP,AR, Management Accounts)
- Strong analytical ability and organisational skills to ensure full range of duties are planned and completed to daily, weekly and monthly timetables, particularly at busy times.
- Previous experience of preparing journals and performing reconciliations.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and implement solutions.
- Demonstrate at interview, and by an online test, a good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products. Excel skills to include data manipulation by creation of simple pivot tables, data lookups, simple IF statements and data sorting / summation.
- Currently enrolled and participating in Professional Qualification - AAT Intermediate /CIMA / ACCA.
- Attention to detail - delivering first time right data.
- Full UK driving licence and be able to pass required security clearance checks.
- Possession of a full UK driving licence (no more than 3 points) and to be able to meet the criteria for security clearance (5 years UK resident) is essential.
This is a permanent role offering a fantastic opportunity to gain a solid grounding in all aspects of finance and to further develop your skills and qualifications. You will also be joining an established and experienced team who can support and mentor your development. This position also offers study support as well as a competitive salary and market leading benefits package.
If you are interested in this opportunity and are looking for a new challenging and rewarding role, then please apply now via the link below.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.