I have an excellent opportunity for a Technical Manager to work with a leading Independent Connections Provider based in Northamptonshire.
This is a great opportunity to join an established and expanding business to develop, lead, manage and maintain a tendering and design team to meet sales objectives. Ensuring that opportunities are progressed smoothly from enquiry stage through to accepted, approved and handover to construction commencement in a timely, orderly, and planned fashion, maximising opportunities for value and mitigating risk when passed to delivery.
You will overall responsibility for the successful compilation and submission of tenders and design submissions and will need to ensure the design and tendering team adheres to defined governance, correct adjudication & tender processes and adequately hands over successful tenders to delivery teams.
The Design and Tendering Manager will work closely with the Technical Director and Business Development Manager's to help ensure successful post tender negotiations, taking the lead where required. Effectively manage design interaction with key external stakeholders such as the Network Operators, Local Authorities, customer groups, etc. Identify winning design strategies and actions. Communicate and implement effectively and standardise quality tender submissions and ensure continuous improvement by implementing the lessons learnt from previous tenders. Create/review technical submission, ensuring adherence to technical policy and receive, analyse, and disseminate tender documents, including handling clarifications & amendments. Create the conditions to enable delivery of excellent customer service throughout the project life cycle through the thoughtful execution of all design activities and ensure regular reporting on workflow forecasts & tender trend analysis information.
The successful candidate will have excellent third-party relationships developed with local authorities, adopting utilities and DNO's, as well as internal stakeholders and have the ability to successfully undertake performance reviews of all appointed staff and contractors as required, and demonstrate implementation of any associated development plans.
* Strong utilities design background in either one, or all utilities (Electric, Gas, Water)
* People development, facilitation and coaching to achieve best practice.
* Application of best practice within a design environment.
* Experience of coaching staff, performance management, learning, employee relations/engagement (including discipline and grievance).
* Facilitating teams to achieve defined outcomes.
* Change Management, understanding and implementing change for continuous improvement.
* Utilities Design and / or Distribution Qualifications.
* Appropriate H&S qualifications.
* Project management skills.
* Business Process Improvement skills
* Commercial and customer management skills qualifications (Desirable) Incorporated or Charted Engineer with MIET, IWater, IGEM or Similar.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a business who will invest in your future with training, support, and mentoring.
Success in this role would lead to additional responsibility and opportunities to further develop your career as the company continues its confident expansion through organic growth.
This is a key role within the business and presents an opportunity for professional advancement.
Suffice to say that my client will make sure that not only does this appointment tick the boxes technically, but vitally that it is a good cultural fit in the existing dynamics of the business.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.