Anderselite have a fantastic new opportunity for a Technical Manager to join our client’s newly formed Fire Safety team based in Surrey. This will be an integrated technical role with both technical & project management aspects, working with in-house and external consultants.
You will need to demonstrate an excellent base level of technical knowledge, including a good working knowledge of the Building Regulations, with specific emphasis on Fire Safety.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
• Collation and review of existing drawing information to establish accurate project data and specifications to prioritise remediation works.
• Review of Visual Inspection Reports and assessment of height of building.
• Discussion with Fire Engineer to agree extent of potential works required and areas to open up to investigate existing external wall build up, cladding types and fire stopping.
• Review of Intrusive Reports in conjunction with external Consultants and Fire Engineer and agree with all parties the extent of works required.
• Value engineering of remedial proposals in collaboration with our Commercial Managers to identify if there are other ways to comply with regulations and to make the building safe for residents.
• On site assessments to review as-built building specifications and details.
• Liaison with Managing Agents/Freeholders/RTM’s/Solicitors to obtain relevant documentation and necessary permissions or licences to carry out intrusive investigations and the remedial works.
• Liaise with Managing Agents/Freeholders/RTM’s and Project Manager about timescales and what is communicated to residents.
• Liaise with Building Control/Local Authority where required.
• Check compliance against what a consultant is proposing.
• Provide any assistance or information to all parties to carry their responsibilities.
• Ensure certification of works when completed in accordance with Government requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
• HNC or HND in Construction
• Extensive experience working within a residential housebuilder
• Conversant with building regulations and CDM Regulations, and Health and Safety
• Competent using online document management systems
• Experience populating and managing key industry trackers
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to work with a high degree of accuracy
• A methodical approach to working practices
• Decision maker with pragmatic approach to problem solving
• Able to influence and persuade others
• A self-starter capable of creating and maintaining momentum in projects
• Building Studies, or other relevant degree
• Experience managing a team of Technical Coordinators
• Understand of Part B of Building Regulations
• Competent using Revit and AutoCAD
• Competent use of COINS and Viewpoint
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Sadek directly or click Apply Now and submit your CV.