Busy House Builder is looking for a Technical Coordinator for their Exeter region.
You will assist in the management of all external consultants to the Technical Team in the production of drawings for the design and construction of residential developments, in accordance with instructions from the Management Team. Designs to be submitted to and approvals obtained from the appropriate regulatory Authorities, with the aim of maximising the quality of product and profitability. The Technical Coordinator will provide support to the other departments in the Company during the development process.
Scope: The role of the Technical Department is to provide a practical and cost-effective technical service to the Company. This will encompass site evaluation, architectural and engineering design, solutions to any technical problems encountered. This will often involve require the appointment of and co-ordination of external professionals.
The Technical Coordinator will be allocated specific projects to run, following grant of planning approval. They will then coordinate the production of working drawings and associated information to enable the site to move to the construction and sales phases.
1. Keep both Project+ and the S drive organised and actively manage any inconsistencies.
2. Issue drawings internally and externally.
3. Coordinate the production & review of layouts and working drawings.
4. Provide technical support and information to Construction, Commercial and Sales departments and maintain good communications to ensure the required level of service is maintained.
5. Assist the Technical Project Manager in the appointment of consultants.
6. To attend and present findings at internal and external meetings, using PowerPoint and other appropriate resources
7. Coordinate the application / submission of Building Regulation Applications and other statutory approvals
8. Prepare Sales and Legal information e.g. Conveyance and management plans
9. Support the adoption of roads, sewers and public open spaces.
10. Procure new utilities supplies.
11. Assist in the production of pre-tender health & safety plans.
12. Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s H&S / Environment Policy.
13. Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving the Company’s performance and reputation.
14. Procure and review information from external consultants, suppliers and manufacturers which supplement the working drawing packages.
15. As required, from time to time, produce designs for layouts, house designs etc.
16. Obtain miscellaneous approvals such as footpath closures, sales signage etc.
Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily working life.
The focus in this role is both:-
Internal: Colleagues within the Company and
External: Consultants, suppliers, manufacturers, local authority and Building Control
Decision Making Authority:
Decisions are limited to the scope of works and responsibilities. This position should always refer to the Technical Project Manager or Head of Technical if there is any doubt over the effect of a decision on cost, programme, product or Company image.
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
Technical Skills and Knowledge Requirements
No. Subject Level Essential Desirable
1. AutoCAD Intermediate
2. Construction materials Intermediate
3. Construction methods and technology Intermediate
4. Design Intermediate
5. Environmental legislation and issues Intermediate
6. Health & Safety Intermediate
7. Management systems Basic
8. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Intermediate
9. Negotiation Intermediate
10. Planning system Basic
11. Project Plus Intermediate
12. Value creation Basic
13. Presentation Skills Intermediate
Excellent salary and rewards package available for the right person as well as training and devlopment and an ongoing excellent career path.