Senior Technical Co-ordinator
An exceptional opportunity has arisen to join a growing off-site contractor who typically work on education, healthcare projects up to £15 million, over the last few years the business has successfully been awarded places on a number of public sector frameworks.
As the technical coordinator you will be working within the preconstruction department to ensure the quality of information, manage document control and the flow of information as well as coordinating the technical aspects of the project through to contract award. You will be responsible for implementing 4 Projects or any other client document control system as required, and work with the preconstruction team to establish an internal document control process.
Additionally, you will also be a key part of the design process in ensuring all technical aspects of that project are met. By reviewing the project requirements, they will establish our responsibility for BIM, BREEAM and any other project specifics we need to achieve. Providing a tracking document to the design manager and the preconstruction manager, they will co-ordinate the information to ensure our responsibilities are met.
- Manage and maintain the information flow throughout preconstruction
- Ensure protocols are adhered to through QA checks of all information
- Ensure all parties, both internally and externally, publish documents to protocol and provide support to all parties when necessary
- Manage any on-line document control systems
- Maintain correct information on our server and in the factory
- Track the flow of information including the design approval process, ensuring document status reflects the process
- Provide accurate and timely information and reports regarding the status of all drawings – received and submitted, RFIs, BIM, BREEAM etc.
- Manage the information required for technical compliance such as BIM, BREEAM etc.
- Develop information release schedules for internal flow of information
- Track the internal flow of information between design, procurement, and manufacture, and manage any requests for information
- Archiving of project documentation
- Assisting with the production of external documents such as Initial Proposals and Contractor’s Proposals
- Attend lessons learnt workshop at the end of every project
- Continually update processes to improve our service internally and externally
The ideal candidate will have experience working on construction (ideally modular) projects and a proven track record of successful administration on projects.
- Experience working with both AutoCAD & Revit
- Knowledge of the design process
- Knowledge of Contractors Proposals Process