Site Engineer - Highways - £350 per day via Umbrella
I am recruiting for 2 x Site Engineers to work for a major civil engineering contractor on a prominent highways project in Plymouth for a 6 month contract.
The Site Engineer will be responsible for controlling engineering aspects of a section of the project. Specific duties include:
- Setting out of highways works
- Undertake engineering control from original ground level to completion of structure.
- Maintain records, a detailed site diary and drawing register
- To manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents of the contract.
- Assist in material take offs and material reconcilliations
- Detail and report short term programming.
- Producing permits to work.
- Supervision of junior staff and operatives.
- Assist in ensuring team performance on a contract
- On site liaison with client, stakeholders, suppliers and consultants.
- Take an active part in managing H&S
- Recording as built records for inclusion in the health and safety files.
- Identify non-conformances and advise corrective actions.
- Record QA information as required, produce inspection requests.
- Assist in site audits and take appropriate action on the findings.
- Assist team to identify any implications on cost of contract.
- Seek out value engineering solutions.
To be considered for this role you should be an experienced site engineer with a formal qualification in a construction related subject. You will hold a relevant CSCS Card and have experience of setting out highway works.
This 6 month contract role is considered to be inside IR35, the rate available is up to £350 per day if paid via umbrella company, lower PAYE rates applicable.
Please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.