Job Title: Site Engineer (Earthworks & Drainage Experience Required)
Location: Milton Keynes
Sector: Earthworks, Drainage, Infrastructure, Rail (NON-PTS)
Start Date: Q1 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role:
Salary: Circa £35,000 to £42,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level**
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for Site Engineers to join their team, managing the delivery of works on the EWR2 scheme (East West Rail), over the coming years.
In this role, you will be responsible for completing required site engineering activities on site, to ensure the timely delivery of large-scale earthworks and associated drainage. This work is being self-delivered, so this role will entail working with the wider internal team, ensuring that all works are carried out efficiently, accurately and safely, therefore helping to ensure that the project sticks to the pre-agreed programme. Due to this, previous experience of self-delivering works is essential (rather than subcontractor management).
Reporting into the relevant Section Foreman / Sub Agent, you will liaise with various other members across the wider team, developing strong, collaborative working relationships.
Daily duties with include but are not limited to:
- Completing required Setting Out, Dimensional Control, Surveying, Checking.
- Using GPS kit / technology, to ensure work is completed accurately.
- Capturing As-Built Data.
- Recognising trigger points within the project contract and be relaying these to the wider team.
- Liaising with the Section Foreman and Senior Engineer / Sub Agent, to allocate labour, plant and materials, where required.
- Identifying and assisting with the resolution of technical problems on site.
- Monitoring and coordinating works on site, ensuring that they meet contractual requirements.
- Assisting with the production of programmes, progress reports, resource plans, cost plans and financial forecasting.
- Working as part of a team, helping to deliver works to required standards, programme and budget.
- Dependant on level: working with a Junior Engineer / Technician, overseeing their works, quality control, supervision of works. Aspects of ITP ownership.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction, or similar (Such as a Degree/HNC)
- A membership with ICE (or working towards).
- Previously worked as a Site Engineer, on projects that involve self-delivering large scale Earthworks and Drainage.
- A strong knowledge and practical experience of Site Engineering activities on site, inclusive of Setting Out, Dimensional Control, Surveying, Checking etc.
- Previously worked on major projects within the Infrastructure sector, for a substantial length of time.
- A strong background in heavy civil engineering, understanding earthworks and muckshift techniques. (Self-delivery).
- Relevant qualifications including CSCS Card.
- Additional qualifications such as SSSTS/SMSTS, Temporary Works Supervisor, CAT and Genny, RD8000 (non-essential, but advantageous)
- Strong knowledge of HSQE regulations.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.