Working with a leading civil engineering contractor to the UK rail industry I am recruiting for a Site Engineer to join their team in the Thames Valley region supporting a variety of complex projects on a long term frameworks. Project types include structures, earthworks, bridges, stations, tunnels and more.
The Site Engineer / Setting Out Engineer role reports to the Project Manager or Site Agents is accountable for the weekly planning and ongoing delivery of a multitude of site-based works. Day to day responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
• Site Safety, Health Environmental and Quality responsibilities for all site activities
• Review and interpret project drawings, specifications for site-based activity / engineering.
• Setting out and surveying works on site
• Ensuring that site engineering is carried out in a professional, systematic and accurate manner.
• Supervision of works on site including labour, plant and subcontractors.
• Keeping accurate records, including a diary, of all site activities.
• Taking off and ordering of materials.
• Daily and weekly planning of site works being carried out, including assisting in the production of Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans, Inspection Test Plans and other documentation.
• Day to day management of sub-contractors and engineers as required
• Previous experience as a Site Engineer with Setting Out experience having worked on civil engineering projects or elements of a multi-disciplinary project in the rail sector.
• You should hold a Degree / HNC / HND in Civil Engineering and ideally a PTS.
• You will have setting out experience,
• Experience in the weekly planning of the delivery of site works including production and review of associated Inspection Test Plans, Work Package Plans and Task Briefs.
• Experience of working on rail civil engineering infrastructure projects and maintenance.
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience but likely in the region of £32,000 to £40,000
• Company Car or Car Allowance
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
• Company contributory Pension scheme
• Life Insurance
• Medical scheme