Job Title: Site Agent (Earthworks, Structures, Drainage)
Location: Milton Keynes (EWR)
Sector: Earthworks, Drainage, Infrastructure, Rail (NON-PTS)
Start Date: Q3/Q4 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Strong Package (Bonus included)
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level**
** Contract Works Also Considered **
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Site Agent to join their team, managing the delivery of upcoming works on the East West Rail scheme, including self-delivered earthworks, drainage and structures, alongside the management of subcontractors, on certain sections of work.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall management of a section of work, ensuring HS&E compliance, Performance, Quality Control & Assurance, as well as ensuring works are completed in line with design & specification. You will ensure resources are in place for efficient operations, also ensuring programmes of work are implemented and measured against correctly contributing to cost performance of the section of works.
To enable this, you will work underneath a project manager, also having support from specialist ecological, geotechnical and surveying staff, to enable the timely delivery of the above mentioned works. Previous experience of managing self-delivery works is highly saut after in this role, as well as some subcontractor management experience.
Daily duties with include but are not limited to:
Health, Safety & Environmental:
- Lead by example with commitment to the All Ways Safely Culture.
- Engage with workforce.
- Actively manage CDM & Network Rail documentation requirements to enable works in section (WPP, TBS, PTD, TW).
- Conduct regular inspections.
- Ensure quality control is in place and actively managed through the Senior Engineer.
- Inspection & Test plans, Inspection Test Sheets.
- Testing and materials planning .
Programme & Progress:
- Plan, control & monitor progress of works.
- Preparation of a 4 week lookahead programme for section.
- Daily monitoring of outputs and maintaining output trackers.
- Understanding and alignment of Clause 32 programme.
- Ensure teams are working to latest design & specifications.
- Resolve technical issues with client.
- Materials takeoff, ordering, delivery & reconciliation.
- Labour reconciliation against cost plan.
- Plant reconciliation against cost plan.
- Contribute to cost plan.
- Know scope of work, identify change and notify.
- Attend external meetings as required.
- Contribute to internal weekly progress meetings.
- Compile daily shift report
- Ensure engineer reports are done & challenge where appropriate
- Review allocation sheets and challenge where appropriate
Successfully candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction, or similar (Such as a Degree/HNC)
- Previously worked as a Sub Agent or Site Agent, on projects that involve self-delivering large scale Earthworks, Drainage and Structures etc, as well as some subcontractor management.
- A strong background in heavy civil engineering, inclusive of earthworks and muckshift techniques, alongside drainage, structures and culverts etc.
- Strong management ability, with effective communication, commercial and planning skills.
- Previously worked on major projects within the Infrastructure sector, for a substantial length of time.
- Relevant qualifications including CSCS Card. Additional qualifications such as SSSTS/SMSTS, Temporary Works Supervisor, CAT and Genny, RD8000 (Advantageous)
- Strong knowledge of HSQE regulations.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.