Job Title: Site Agent (Earthworks, Structures, Drainage)
Location: Milton Keynes (EWR)
Sector: Earthworks, Drainage, Infrastructure, Rail (NON-PTS)
Start Date: Q2 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £48,000 to £55,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level**
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Site Agent to join their team, managing the delivery of upcoming works on the East West Rail scheme, including self-delivered earthworks, drainage and structures.
In this role, you will help to ensure the timely delivery of the above mentioned works, working with the wider internal team, on your section of works (Liaising with Site Engineers / Surveyors / Digital Engineers / Geotechnical staff), ensuring that all works are carried out efficiently, accurately and safely, therefore helping to ensure that the project sticks to the pre-agreed programme. Previous experience of managing self-delivery works is essential (rather than subcontractor management).
Furthermore, you will be responsible for managing and ensuring control of engineering and surveying accuracies, quantification, quality assurance, ITP production, monitoring and completion, documentation production and accuracy. Reporting into a Project Manager, you will liaise with various other members across the wider team, developing strong, collaborative working relationships.
Daily duties with include but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of Engineers and other associated staff, on your section of works.
- Assisting with the construction strategy and documentation, such as Method Statements, Environmental and Quality Plans, Construction programmes, procurement and design deliverable schedules.
- Driving HSE regulations on the project whilst ensuring projects stick to the required quality standards.
- Ensuring works meet cost and programme targets.
- Ensuring overall control and management of engineering and surveying accuracies, quantification, quality assurance, ITP production, monitoring and completion and documentation production and accuracy.
- Interfacing with the internal Digital Engineers and Geotechnical staff, as well as the engineering / technician functions on site.
- Managing Engineers and Graduate engineers, across a dedicated project section.
- Liaising with the Section Foreman to assist with allocating labour, plant, materials and temporary works to carry out the activities to the required standards, programme and budget.
- Managing the site engineering team, being responsible for the performance and development of Site and Section Engineers.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of construction operations, ensuring they conform to the contract requirements and the required level of safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) is a key part of this role.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction, or similar (Such as a Degree/HNC)
- Previously worked as a Sub Agent or Site Agent, on projects that involve self-delivering large scale Earthworks, Drainage and Structures etc.
- A strong background in heavy civil engineering, inclusive of earthworks and muckshift techniques, alongside drainage, structures and culverts etc (Self-delivery of packages).
- Strong management ability, with effective communication skills.
- Previously worked on major projects within the Infrastructure sector, for a substantial length of time.
- Relevant qualifications including CSCS Card. Additional qualifications such as SSSTS/SMSTS, Temporary Works Supervisor, CAT and Genny, RD8000 (Advantageous)
- Strong knowledge of HSQE regulations.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.