Anderselite are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Advisor - SES (Vehicle Restraints) to join the executive Department for Transport agency on a permanent basis in Birmingham.
The successful Senior Advisor will provide specialist technical advice and guidance to support the safe an efficient operation, maintenance, and modernisation of the Strategic Road Network (SRN).
- Act as a source of specialist subject matter expertise, provide appropriate advice and guidance to Highways England, its contractors and suppliers and support colleagues in resolving technical issues.
- Contribution and impact on other projects across Directorates, influencing and providing advice, based on technical knowledge.
- Develop business or value management cases for new projects and ensure projects are consistent with HE goals, qualifying resource requirements and identifying project independencies.
- Manage external expert and consultancy support and evaluate and act on such advice to ensure objectives are met.
- Document technical solutions and communicate to all stakeholders, to support implementation and ensure objectives are achieved.
- A good understanding on Highways England business, organisation structure and the nature of its assets.
- Proven experience in providing information and specialist advice in a specific technical discipline
- Technical specialist - Membership of a relevant professional institution (CEng, IEng, MICE, or IStructE) or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a highway's environment
- Must have substantial experience in the following areas: research, design management, maintenance, testing, incident investigation or VRS assets.
- Ideally you will have experience of leading the development of solutions and provision of specialist advice using VRS standards, DMRB and MCHW.
For more information, please contact Anderselite on 0121 200 5520.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.