Job Title: Senior Geomatic Land Surveyor
Location: Flexible - Midlands, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire
Sector: Geomatics, Highways, Rail, Utilities, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Surveying
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q3 2021
Our client, a leading geomatic surveying and mobile mapping company, who operate with in the Construction Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available to join their team, due to continued expansion, delivering a range of surveys on large scale projects across the Highway, Rail and Utility sectors, using the latest digital technology available, overall striving for innovation.
In this role, you will be required to plan and deliver works on small to medium sized projects, managing the timely delivery of required works, with could include but is not limited to: Geospatial / Geomatic / Geodetic surveys, mobile mapping, laser scanning, topographical surveyors, utility mapping and aerial survey (UAV). You will be required to efficiently organise and maintain field survey teams and equipment to complete project tasks, working methodically and liaising with clients when necessary. You should have the ability to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional manner and brief other members of the survey team, with the ability to work independently and as part of a larger team. This role will offer flexibility in working hours and will be a mixed of site based work (nationwide), as well as some office based working. Due to projects being nationwide, candidates should be prepared to travel and lodge away as and when required.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Making technical and supervisory decisions for projects, assigned within specified limits of authority.
- Managing and undertake Topographical surveys.
- Capturing 3D Point Cloud data using various techniques such as terrestrial, rail mounted and vehicle-mounted laser scanners.
- Using robotic total stations, static and Network RTK GNSS receivers, optical and digital levelling equipment.
- Utilising processing software such as N4CE, AutoCAD, Cyclone, Trimble Business Centre and Starnet.
- Preparing and processing final CAD and point cloud deliverables.
- Working within the construction infrastructure sectors (Rail, Highways, Aviation, Buildings, Utilities etc).
- Planning and managing your workload + a team diary, to ensure all sites needs can be met efficiently.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant technical degree in surveying or a related discipline.
- Previous experience working within a similar role, within a Land Surveying / Geomatic department (5+ years)
- Previously worked within the construction infrastructure sector (Highways, Rail, Utilities etc).
- Used Trimble, Leica Total stations & GNSS previously.
- A CSCS Card + PTS (Not essential – you will be put through these courses if not)
- Proficient in the use N4ce, AutoCAD, Cyclone, Trimble Business Centre and Starnet (Desirable)
- Excellent numeracy/mathematical, communication, organisation and IT skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.