THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE TO CANDIDATES FROM ACROSS THE MIDLANDS.
Due to my clients continued success and service growth, they are looking to expand their civil engineering team, so an opportunity has arisen for a Senior or Principal Structural Engineer, with the grade and salary dependent upon your experience.
The role will be based in either our Shrewsbury, Kettering, or Oxford office, which is dependant upon where the successful candidate lives. The role will require travel throughout the country to visit sites but will also be subject to a flexible working philosophy.
They are seeking the right candidate - with enthusiasm and ambition - to work with the service head to grow the team, and the services they offer to clients. You will lead the assessment and design of structural engineering projects from feasibility through to the construction phase and you will be passionate about architecture and the built environment.
The right candidate will be client focused and be able to effectively prioritise and manage workloads, with minimal supervision. You will have experience in leading projects and staff. You will have the ability and experience to work in a multi-disciplinary team and lead the structural design of buildings and infrastructure whilst communicating with a wider design team.
The candidate will be required to manage client relationships, provide fee quotes, arrange appointments, and to manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative. The candidate will be expected to contribute to marketing the service to prospective clients and win work. You will be given the opportunity to grow and develop the service area within the Partnership.
The candidate will hold a minimum of a BSc or MSc in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, will have at least 5 years’ experience in the sector. You will be an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer registered with the Engineering Council and have IStructE and/or ICE membership.
Expertise in the following core skills is desirable:
• Experience of working on a varied portfolio of UK structural engineering projects including commercial and domestic buildings
• Ability to design and project manage structural engineering projects, including the production of structural designs, calculations, drawings, specifications, and reports
• Experience and ability to use structural analysis/finite element software
• Good knowledge of Eurocodes, Building Regulations and British Standards
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation of numerical data and information
• Office skills, ability to use Microsoft Office365, Outlook and work in an electronic filing environment
• Experience of working on live construction sites
• AutoCAD applications and/or Civil3D experience and skills
• Good working knowledge of CDM 2015
• A full driving licence is required
If your skills/experience match the description above, and you are looking for an exciting new phase in your career, please apply now for immediate attention.