Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor (Rail, Pway)
Sector: Rail, Pway, Rail Systems, Track Renewals, Track Crossings
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q4 2021 (ASAP)
Salary: £50,000 to £65,000 Per Annum + Car + Package (Negotiable on level + experience)
Our client, a leading UK construction contractor, has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their Rail team, based out of Birmingham. The role will entail managing all costs relating to Pway and Rail Systems works, including the development, design and delivery of track renewals and crossings.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Programme Manager with delivering varied commercial duties associated works across the Birmingham depot, including minimizing costs, enhancing value and target cost through the identification and valuing of change.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Cost Engineering, measuring and recording data, including value work unsupervised, in accordance with appropriate rules and procedures.
- Ordering information and systematically checking data.
- Estimating, including the measurement & interpretation of specifications & drawings.
- Building up estimates from first principle including net and gross estimates
- Translating measurement from drawings and Specifications and prepare BoQ’s and Schedules of rates, if required.
- Planning, including the review of weekly, monthly, section programmes of works.
- Planning commercial activities to meet monthly timescales.
- Project Management including the collation of cost and value Information, as well as the preparation of Cost reconciliation statements.
- Submission and Agreement of Adjustment Events with Client.
- Procurement, including the collection of information required to specify procurement requirements.
- Understanding the steps / documentation required, assisting with the Procurement function where required.
- Commercial Management, including the collation of cost and value information, the management of subcontractors accounts.
- Assisting with the development, recruitment and retention of staff, maintaining Personal Development Plans and generally supporting the development of others.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have previous experience managing costs relating to Pway and associated Railway Systems Works, including track renewals and track crossings.
- Have a relevant qualification, such as a degree (BSc / MSc).
- Have a strong understanding of Railway Planning and Possessions.
- Have strong communication, organisation and teamwork;
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.