Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor (HS2)
Location: Warwickshire / Northamptonshire / Milton Keynes
Start Date: Q1 2021 (February 2021 Ideally)
Sectors: HS2, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Rail, Earthworks, Drainage, Highways, Structures
Type: Permanent role
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000+ Per Annum + Package
** Base salary negotiable on relevant experience
Our client, a large, established and growing principal contractor within the Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their HS2 team on a permanent basis.
This role will entail helping to deliver various projects along the route of HS2, where workload will range from Earthworks & Bulk Muckshift to Drainage, Highways & Structures etc, with typical project values ranging from £20 Million to £100+ Million.
The role would suit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor, with strong background in Civil Engineering, who is interested in working on the HS2 Scheme, with additional exposure to other Major Rail Infrastructure Projects. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing contractor, who offer an exceptional salary + package, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in your career, in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring cost control is maintained throughout all functions.
- Completing measurement and outputs, forecasting the use of resource (Land/Material/Plant/Labour), against programme.
- Completing forecasts first-hand, as minimal work with be sub-contracted out.
- Supporting the Project Team and Commercial Manager, with project and commercial deliverables.
- Preparing sub-contract tender packages where required, carrying out comparisons and placing relevant orders.
- Collating, interpreting and analysing project commercial records.
- Supporting the Target Cost process through all key milestones.
- Helping to produce monthly cost & value forecasts, including monthly project review reports.
- Identifying risks and opportunities to each project, considering spend vs budgets.
- Producing impact assessments, risk expenditure and compensation event submissions.
- Issuing payment notices and certifications.
- Managing change processes and variations, highlighting early warning notices to the Commercial Manager.
- Processing Claims and Compensation Events.
- Liaising with the Project Commercial Team, to establish accurate cost and cash reporting.
- Supporting the Commercial Manager with any wider commercial issues.
- Providing advice to Quantity Surveyor's in your team.
Candidates will require previous experience:
- Working on applicable heavy Civil Engineering and/or Rail projects, inclusive of large package of works, such as Major Earthworks, Bulk Muckshift, Drainage, Highways, Structures, and other associated works.
- Working on large scale Infrastructure projects (Circa £10 Million to £100 Million in value).
- Forecasting material/plant/labour resource first-hand, rather than relying on subcontract information.
- Completing measurements and outputs for the related works, noted above.
- Working on relevant forms of contract, such as NEC or JCT.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
- Previous experience working in a similar role, as a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations used within the Construction, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure sectors.
- Strong commercial, communication and IT skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.