Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Projects: Mechanical & Electrical, £1 - £3 million in value
Office location: Merseyside
Project Locations: Mainly North- West based
Essential Skills / Qualifications / Attributes:
* Min 10 years construction contractor project experience, 5 years in Senior QS / Commercial Manager role.
* RICS Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS), or equal Chartered membership status.
* Relevant Quantity Surveying qualifications (HND, degree or equivalent).
* Strong live contract experience in all routine QS functions, particularly for M&E new build and refurbishment packages and commercial/industrial steel building envelope packages.
* Sound knowledge of contract law, strong experience in all matters of contract administration, controls, claims, and defence.
* Safe pair of hands in contract negotiations and dispute resolution. Naturally honourable, firm, and fair.
* Sound experience in financial forecasting, cashflow management, and supplier performance management.
* Highly organised and driven individual committed to delivering excellence through great teamwork, sound decision making, with thorough and timely communications.
* Alignment with the companies values.
* Bid management experience, including tender reviews, estimating, and compilation of submissions.
* Value engineering experience.
* Experience of preparing and letting sub-contract packages.
* Experience of FM contract administration / management.
* Familiarity with administering NEC3, NEC4, JCT, FIDIC, MF1 contract suites.
The role requires a can-do, hands-on, pro-active approach and a tenacious, organised, character that is focussed on sustainable business success, while operating within the companies values. It requires leadership qualities that will support and develop the already positive culture of the existing team to deliver at the highest possible level for stakeholders. This is a senior role that requires a capable team player who can confidently engage and negotiate at all levels internally and externally. The company meets flexibility with flexibility and they will need to be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done as the needs of the business requires, but the overriding requirement is to genuinely want to be a key part of the long term future success of the company.
1. To undertake routine QS functions on the company's major projects directly, (and supporting others on minor projects as required), including leading on all applicable matters of contract financial administration, valuations, variations, applications, notices/claims, project cost and cashflow forecasting etc.
2. To review and negotiate acceptable project contract terms at bid/contract award stages (with the bid team), and to ensure discharge of the company's commercial contractual obligations on all live projects.
3. To proactively protect the company's commercial interests at all times. Key to this is ensuring appropriate, timely and thorough formal external communications, exceptional record keeping, and thorough understanding of the relevant contract and tools available to control commercial impacts, as well as using negotiation skills to good effect.
4. To ensure proper records are kept and timely actions taken in line with the contract to support or defend any claims. To properly prepare, substantiate, and submit all contract claims/defence including EOT, L&E Claims, Variation Claims etc.
5. To lead and support the various project delivery teams on commercial matters, and act as a central knowledge base for contractual matters as they arise - supporting and guiding them to structure appropriate commercial controls, and ensure these are implemented properly across the project teams as required.
6. To provide input to the company accounts team, bridging between departments to ensure timely two-way communication to improve reporting and financial planning.
7. To establish and maintain appropriate project cost controls, monitoring, and analysis. Focussed on margins, cash, and net profit, as well as customer retention, and maintaining a robust supply chain, they will be constantly seeking ways that the company can optimise its use of its resources and avenues for profitable organic growth.
8. To support bid teams on competitive tenders with known live data drawn from detailed cost analysis and/or records as required, and carrying out costing of variations and collate substantiation and provide narratives for claims etc.
Salary and Package
£45,000 - £55,000
Car allowance (to be agreed)
If you want to apply please email
If you need anymore information please call 07980 006 436
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy