Job Title: Commercial Manager/Senior QS
Summary of Role:
* Lead the commercial function on the project or within the sector for which they are responsible.
* Ensure the timely provision of accurate commercial reports and data to the business.
* Pursue own professional development and provide guidance and support to develop other commercial staff
Ensure compliance and adherence of the project or sector team with the processes and procedures of the company.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Develop a good understanding of the wider aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental law affecting a Facilities business.
* Have a full understanding of contracts and project delivery to ensure the very best commercial outcomes for the projects on which you work.
* Ensure the implementation of the requirements of Health Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures and conduct all duties in a manner consistent with these.
* Maintain a wide knowledge of business systems to manage and present business information
* Make best use of knowledge management systems
* Use the CAFM platform to demonstrate our value to our clients.
* Share best practice and knowledge of using the IT platforms with the wider Commercial/Project team.
* Act upon the Management Information available from our IT records to drive commercial improvement through the project.
* Develop awareness of wider business plan objectives
* Provide input and assist Divisional and Winning work teams to develop proposals to secure new opportunities
* Develop an understanding of the wider finance and property issues that may affect the Facilities business.
* Promote knowledge share and learning to develop an innovative team philosophy
* Be a lean management champion and constantly drive the project teams to look for better ways of delivering the service.
* Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
* Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment
* Maintain a high level understanding of planning and programming to ensure accurate progress reporting
* Work with supply chain to promote and measure continuous improvement in terms of cost, quality and learning of all parties
* Anticipate and plans change in commercial resource within a project
* Establish and maintain accurate and robust reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets
* Develop comprehensive understanding of financial models including cashflow turnover forecasts and project profit / loss statements
* Demonstrates and maintains a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and works closely with the delivery team to review techniques and solutions to meet business and customer needs
* Ensure that commercial position is protected using in depth understanding and experience of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes
* Early identification of business risks in projects and ensuring that risk management, risk registers and contingency are in place to manage a minimise risk
* Manage prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts.
* Ensuring that all materials and suppliers are procured in an efficient manner with capable organisations in accordance with procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept.
* Comprehensive understanding of the requirements of the quality policy and procedures and how these are applied to individuals own role.
* Ability to develop new ideas and developing it into a different approach
* Establish commercial processes and procedures on projects in order to maximise returns in terms of profit and service level
* Close out project efficiently using a high degree of understanding and working knowledge of project close out processes
* Identify and develop the maximum potential of the commercial team
* Have a full understanding of TUPE and pension regulations and their impact on our business.
* Have a clear understanding of the issues associated with managing and running labour intensive projects.
* Have measures and benchmarks in place to understand productivity and outputs from our teams.
* Maintain and extend relationships and contacts with customers and consultants to identify new potential business opportunities and feed back to the Business Development team
* Take a key role in negotiations with internal and external customers in developing and achieving mutually satisfactory outcomes
* Communicates accurately, concisely and in a timely manner, whilst demonstrating effective listening
Required: Construction biased, refurbishment and FM experience if possible
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.