Senior Quantity Surveyor - £50k - £65k plus package
Due to rapid and continued growth, my client is looking to bolster their civil engineering contracting team with an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in civil engineering. Any experience in water utilities would be beneficial. Salary and package for this role will be in the region of £50,000 to £65,000 per annum plus competitive package.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager and working alongside the Contracts Manager, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for:
* Report commercial aspects on a monthly basis, and take commercial responsibility across all of our price-work projects.
* Manage junior members of the commercial team where applicable.
* Generally build working relationships with supply chain and develop standard rate agreements where possible.
* For current projects, ensure that all external valuations are submitted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the subcontract making site visits where required to ensure accuracy. Actively chase for subsequent payments to be received on the due date and keep the Commercial Manager updated on any current and potential issues.
* Price and effectively agree all project variations with clients and subcontractors (if applicable), supported by the Commercial Manager. Ensure suitably presented and accurate records are available working in conjunction with our site teams to maximize our position.
* Prepare contractual notices for all events and variations and administer the subcontract conditions accordingly, aided and supported by the Commercial Manager and the rest of the management team.
* Achieve timely and equitable resolution of client and subcontractor final accounts.
* Ensure all hard copy and electronic commercial files are up kept in accordance with company procedures and certifications.
* Manage pre-construction activities alongside the Contracts Manager.
* Compile and complete competitive tender estimate/proposals and budgets for appraisal/adjudication by the Commercial Manager and/or Construction Director prior to their submission. This will include but not be limited to making site visits, raising tender queries, reviewing contract conditions, taking off accurate and complete quantities, producing outline programmes, building up fully detailed and transparent preliminary, labour, material, plant and sub-subcontractor rates using an appropriate excel spreadsheet format.
* Prepare handover pricing document for issue to the Operations team upon successful award of any contract.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.