Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £40,000 - £50,000 Per Annum + Package
** Negotiable based on relevant industry experience **
Our client, a large Civil Engineering and Groundworks Subcontractor is currently looking to add a Senior Procurement Officer to their team on a permanent basis, based from their office in Birmingham. In this role, you will join a well organised company who operate within a fast-paced working environment.
The ideal candidate will have strong commercial groundworks and civil engineering experience, with the ability to influence and shape the company procurement strategy.
You will also get the opportunity to join a nationwide groundworks and civil engineering contract who support some of the countries biggest construction companies. They are a family run business who have demonstrable history working within the Construction sector and they are able to provide work in a friendly family environment, with a culture of support and working together to achieve success.
Applicable candidates will demonstrate:
- Proven track record buying products for use within the civil engineering sector.
- Good track record of building and maintaining relationships with internal teams and supply chain.
- Strong coordination, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to support multiple contracts, work to strict deadlines, prioritising, and planning workload.
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify commercial risks and proposals to mitigate.
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude.
- Proven track record of mentoring and motivating team members.
- Experience of the commercial build environment is preferable.
- Appreciation of contract law and associated industry priorities (e.g. Ethical sourcing).
Daily duties will include but are not limited:
- Sourcing best products to satisfy company and customer requirements.
- Sourcing new suppliers, ensuring they fulfil company pre-qualification process.
- Obtaining quotations, placing orders with suppliers at agreed rates and terms.
- Liaising with estimating team to ensure an accurate project cost.
- Supporting allocated projects with all aspects of procurement.
- Champion effective and efficient purchasing processes, implementing appropriate improvements with relevant departments.
- Supporting team members and other departments with queries arising.
Candidates will ideally:
- Hold a relevant membership such as CIPS (Or equivalent).
- Hold a relevant qualification within Civil Engineering or Construction.
- Have previous experience working within a procurement role, within the construction sector (5+ years).
- Have worked up from a construction / civil engineering background, having worked within the industry for circa 10+ years, understand construction projects and buildability.
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics – NAVISION (Preferred).
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Harry Sharrard on 0121 200 5520 or via LinkedIn.