Senior Planner - HS2
£65,000 - £75,000
An exciting opportunity, for an experienced Planner, has become available on one of the most significant infrastructure projects the UK has undertaken in decades, HS2.
Working with one of the major joint ventures, you will assist the Planning Manager to develop and monitor the programme, ensuring compliance with the my clients planning standards and HS2 requirements to provide a safe, efficient and cost effective programme meeting all required access dates, milestones and key dates. Reporting to the Planning Manager.
Key Areas of Responsible:
- Assist the Planning Manager in development of the programme structure, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), coding, calendars and dates to be used by my client, aligned with the Cost Break Down Structure (CBS) and Employer`s data dictionary.
- Ensuring the programme reflects all required access dates, milestones and key dates in compliance with the Employer’s Planning requirements, contract data and works information.
- Contribute to assessment of programme risks and programme risk analysis, including development and implementation of mitigation measures.
- Interfacing with and provide planning data for other functional teams and stakeholders including, but not limited to: BIM, design, consents, estimation and construction.
- Working with the change and mitigation team to assess & integrate options
- Progress monitoring and regular updating of the programme, including forecasting of potential problem areas and proposing mitigation measures to the Project Manager.
- Cooperation with the Project Controls Manager, Reporting Manager and Change Management in all related construction programme matters.
- Liaise with the client’s construction planning team, stakeholders and with other works packages to communicate my clients Construction Planning approach and to ensure sharing of best practice, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Pursuing excellence and continuous improvement of my clients construction planning approach, modification of standard processes and procedures for effective and continuous improvement.
- Assessment of change and PMI’s and communication of impacts as required
- Management of supply chain programmes including appraisal, review and assessment of programmes and interface with areas for inclusion in the main programme.
- Maintain short and medium term programmes to ensure main programme objectives are met.
- Manage planning engineer team members
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree in civil engineering or an appropriate professional qualification
- Good written & verbal communication
- Prior experience in planning function in civil engineering projects ideal in cut and cover tunnels / bridges / heavy earthworks
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of asset structures, planning standards, WBS and planning processes.
- Competence in Primavera P6
- Knowledge of Safety, Environment and Risk Management
- Flexible with good organisation skills
For more information, feel free to contact Joshua Misailidis via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 020 7743 7582, for a confindential chat.