Role: Senior Estimator
Salary: up to £85,000 + package
About the role –
An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of my clients, a prestigious tier one contractor to join their estimating team in one of the home county offices in the Southeast. Reporting to the Chief Estimator, the Senior Estimator will lead the production of the prime cost. This role requires working autonomously as well as part of a team. The Senior Estimator is required to oversee – as applicable – other Estimators working in the bid team to ensure the prime cost captures the programme. Methodology and risk profile developed by the bid team.
You will be responsible for initiating and leading tasks and processes, taking responsibility and being accountable, where relevant, for the work and roles of others whilst exercising broad autonomy and judgement within broad parameters in their area of responsibility. Specialist learning and involves detailed analysis of a high level of information and knowledge in an area of work or study.
Day to day responsibilities:
• Maintain own awareness of current requirements and future developments of Health, Safety and Environmental law affecting construction.
• Develop competence in the application of IT skills to estimating and the production of project and corporate documentation.
• Ensure that all supplier / subcontractor enquiries are sent out in accordance with the Supply Chain Strategy document.
• Price from first principals’ earthworks, drainage, hard landscaping, and reinforced concrete works as applicable.
• Maintain own knowledge base of VINCI working practices and industry as a whole and assist development of other estimating staff.
• Help identify the supply chain based on an informed and well-developed understanding of the market
• Present to Senior Management in a clear and concise manner the build-up of the prime cost.
• Represent the company at client facing meetings.
• Responsible for recording post tender negotiations with the client and actioning any changes to the tender arising therefrom.
• Support as applicable the Chief Estimator and Joint Venture staff in the production of the detailed estimate.
• Assist the business/project in achieving the objectives/targets set in the Taylor Woodrow Carbon Strategy within your specific work activities.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 10+ years estimating experience of multi-disciplinary civil engineering projects covering, rail, oil and gas, highways and energy sectors with a value range from £30m to £300m
• Professional Institution Membership-RICS/CIOB or ICE
• Qualification-Civil Engineering Degree, Quantity Surveying Degree or equivalent
If you would like to find our more information about the role, please apply or alternatively you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02077437504
- Sector: Construction, Modular/Offsite Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Oliver Tozer
- Contact Email: Oliver.Tozer@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0207 743 7502
- Expiry Date: 22 November 2021
- Job Ref: 394491OTO
Role: Senior Estimator