I am currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager for my consultancy client in London.
You will work as part of the project management team, offering a range of skills and services to clients. Working closely with other team members you will assist in the implementation and provision of high quality consultancy advice.
Their aim is to be a partner of choice for our clients, working with them on both the operational and strategic aspects of their business. You will be expected to be responsible for the management of resources, and projects, within the team. The job offers opportunities to work across the different teams within the office, and across the business, nationwide. The right candidate will be willing to face new challenges head on, and be able to use their initiative, and experience to solve problems.
- Manage the planning and delivery of all projects, to ensure that schemes are delivered to exceed client’s expectations and are completed on time, and within budget.
- Business Case preparation and option appraisal analysis – this is a core part of our business and support will be given to develop skills in this area if required;
- Manage the project team to ensure profitable business and sustainable client relationships are achieved.
- Knowledge and experience of working within JCT Forms of Contract and NECs ;
- Arrange, facilitate and lead in client meetings, conferences and other project team activities.
- Manage space planning, design solutions, feasibility studies, capital planning, design and contract supervision and option appraisals etc. in connection with proposed and approved developments.
- Undertake site surveys to confirm scope of works, preparation of tender specifications for refurbishment projects, schedule of dilapidations, evaluation of tenders and contract administration;
- Produce client’s Capital Project Management monitoring procedures in accordance with Concode, CIM and other NHS or Clients recommendations.
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial performance against agreed targets.
- Experience of AutoCAD advantageous, though not essential;
- Analyse and interpret estates based information that forms the basis of output reports;
- Interpret and implement instructions from the project team and Clients;
- Adhere to NHS Guidance and build a knowledge and skill set within the sector.
In order to be considered for this role you will require:
Education / Qualifications / Professional membership
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent (building or engineering related discipline).
- Corporate Membership of a relevant professional institution Member of Association of Project Management or similar professional body.
- Over 7 years post qualification experience
- Experience in working in the NHS, other Government Departments, and construction-related profession or in a consultancy environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent numerate skills
- Ability to organize self and others
- Project management and budgetary finance
- Negotiation skills
- IT literate in Microsoft applications
If you would like to be considered then please forward a copy of your latest CV in the first instance.