My client, a highly reputable major contractor, is seeking to expand its commercial team on a major National Grid framework, by bringing in a Senior Commercial Manager.
This role is an opportunity to become a key part of a dynamic team with oversight of all procurement, commercial and contractual aspects of several major projects within the framework. The role entails interfacing with all staff involved in the projects you'll be involved in; including, but not limited to, internal project teams, external consultants, main contractors, sub contractors, external suppliers and JV / Development partners.
What You Will Do
- Consolidated reporting of projects within the various projects involved, including benchmarking, procurement, tender recommendations, WIP, cashflows, valuations, final accounts, CVRs and value management processes.
- Negotiation and procurement of all construction works contracts to ensure that the Joint Venture's output programme is carried out in accordance with the Joint Venture's procurement policy, professionally and within budget.
- Management of external consultants to deliver the above where appropriate including attending design meetings and managing design aspects in line with budgets.
- Tendering and procurement of consultants, contractors and sub-contractors in accordance with the frameworks procurement policy, design programme and budgets.
- With the wider delivery team, monitoring and evaluation of consultant, contractor and sub-contractor performance, taking any appropriate action as required.
- Management of external consultants involved in the commercial function. * Ensuring accurate commercial reporting of schemes within the framework.
- Ensuring awareness of continuing product development in light of changes in legislation i.e. building regulations etc.
- Attending pre start meetings, design meetings and any other relevant meeting as required * Undertaking regular site visits
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting the commercial impact of any 3rd party agreements, supporting other functions to negotiate the same.
- Co-ordindate and report on Value Improvement actions through quarterly Value Improvement Meetings.
What you will have:
- Experience in single, two stage and negotiated procurement of main contractors
- Proven longevity at a major contractor
- Considerable experience in subcontractor procurement for self delivery of complex housing projects
- Good knowledge of NEC Contracts and Development Agreements
- Experience in developing people and managing high performing teams
- Experience in managing external consultants, development partners, subcontractors and stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and HSE requirements
- Preparation of Site Budgets
- IT literate and a high level of COINS proficiency
Ideally you will have:
- MICES or equivalent
- Qualification-Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.