I am working with a prominent and award winning employee owned architectural practise with envious growth plans. I am looking for an experienced job running Senior Technician / Technologist with a proven track record of designing and delivering projects to join their diverse Cardiff studio where you will have a real say in what we do and how we work.
They are looking for someone with the experience to be able to run several on site projects at the same time, clearly delegating to less experienced team members. A lateral thinker capable of clear communication and with a collaborative spirit would thrive in this environment.
The ideal candidate will be:
* Able to work and manage a small team, and work independently
* Flexible in your approach to a project
* Someone that cares about creating and delivering great buildings and places
* Eager to work on a range of projects within a multi sector studio
* Eager to share experience and knowledge with others working on projects across the company
* Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Reporting to the Regional director, you will manage a small team within the studio.
* Managing client relationship is a key aspect of this role and will involve:
* Becoming involved at any stage of the process and being able to effectively input with minimal briefing
* Running multiple or complex projects start to finish, to satisfaction of client, in profit and on time
* Taking the lead role in taking a project brief, developing initial proposals detail design (in conjunction with a small team)
* Demonstrating awareness of own impact on others within other teams or business areas
* Managing fees and invoicing for projects (with administrative assistance)
* Contributing to winning new work
* Taking a brief and develop initial proposals
* Managing and co-ordinating the design team and associated professional consultants
* Producing, analysing and advising upon specification, materials selection and detailed design solutions in relation to performance and production criteria
* Producing, managing, controlling and integrating design and production information
* Ensuring compliance with design, legal, statutory and professional requirements for large and complex projects, possibly multiple projects
* Managing the design process or development of construction project
* Monitoring the financial performance of projects
* A good understanding of developing technical specifications to support work packages
* Evaluating and advising upon refurbishment, repair, reuse, recycling and deconstruction of buildings
* Working knowledge of Revit
* Assessing and prioritising the needs of clients and users and agreeing the project brief
* Advising clients on methods of project procurement and forms of contract
* Developing the project design, researching problems and producing, developing and advising upon innovative solutions
* Appraising building performance in use and producing, developing and maintaining maintenance management information systems
* Advanced use of Revit with knowledge of Dynamo scripting
In return my client will offer a competitive salary and package with the opportunity to take part in first class training. They are able to offer a flexible work life balance to ensure their staff can be highly productive whilst ensuring the best for themselves and family.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.