Regional Health and Safety Manager - North-West regional role - rail/civil engineering - £55k-£65k+package
Experienced Health & Safety Manager reuquired to join our established and expanding business and take the health & safety lead for our North West region, overseeing all SHEQ related matters on a portfolio of projects and contracts. Joining an experienced team of consturciton health and safety professionals supporting business units, projects and contracts across the UK in all matters relating Health, Safety, Quality & Environment.
- To provide informed advice, guidance and support on health, safety and welfare matters to all parties.
- To promote a positive SHEQ culture in the business by coaching and supporting behavioural interventions.
- Ensure implementation of agreed solutions to achieve compliance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- To contribute to the preparation of Project Health and Safety Plans and ensure compliance with their requirements.
- To the support the development of the company Business Management System.
- To provide detailed H&S input into all stages of the project process from initial pre-qualification to contract completion to ensure that projects are executed in a safe manner.
- To undertake Site Safety Inspections in accordance with the H&S Inspection plan to ensure that the requirements of the company’s Safety Management System, Project Health and Safety Plans, current H&S legislation and client requirements are addressed and compliance achieved. This will include occasional weekend and night time site visits.
- To ensure that corrective actions arising from Site Safety Inspections are effectively addressed and closed out and that opportunities for the continuous improvement of safe working practices are fully exploited.
- To liaise with Client Safety Representatives and Regulatory authorities on all Health and Safety issues.
- To prevent the adoption of unsafe working practices.
- To undertake Accident and Incident Reporting and Accident/ Incident Investigation, in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- To facilitate and attend Health and Safety Meetings as appropriate
- To develop and facilitate open communications on Health and Safety issues across Project Teams.
- To monitor and report upon Health and Safety Performance in accordance with management reporting requirements, including the identification of areas of concern and opportunities for improvement.
- Preparation of monthly health and safety reports for region / business.
- To facilitate Health and Safety visits.
- To manage the Company’s Principle Contractors Licence (Rail only).
- To proactively contribute to the development and delivery of Health and Safety “Best Practice” across the organisation.
- To support the development and delivery of a consistent approach to Health and Safety across the organisation.
- To provide in house training on various health and safety topics.
- To provide RPE face fit testing (when trained).
- To provide Drug and Alcohol testing (when trained).
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Health & Safety Manager in a rail and civil engineering project environment.
- Relevant qualification in Health & Safety – Degree/Diploma
- Experience working in a rail project environments
- Chartered or working towards chartered status – IOSH
- Have previous experience of a rail environment, civil engineering and general construction activities.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be preferred and this will have been gained at least in part, with a Major Contractor.
- Ambition and commitment to succeed in the role.
- Demonstrable self-motivation and high personal professional standards.
- Confident communication skills.