Job Title: RC Site Manager HS2
Location: Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire
Sector: HS2, RC, Reinforced Concrete, Green Tunnels, Precast Concrete Assembly
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q2 / Q3 2021
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £52,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a large Civil Engineering contractor, is currently recruiting Site Managers for their HS2 team, delivering Green Tunnel packages on the HS2 scheme. The works are being carried out in the central section of HS2 (Northamptonshire / Buckinghamshire) and include the preparation and pouring of reinforced concrete slabs (RC), the assembly of precast concrete tunnel segments and the re-use of excavated material (cut-and-cover).
The role would suit an experienced Site Management professional who has a strong background in heavy civil engineering (with strong RC / Reinforced Concrete experience), who is interested in working on the HS2 scheme over the coming years. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing team, getting onboard with the works from inception, providing input into processes and procedures, to ensure work is delivered effectively and safely.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing and taking overall responsibility for the delivery of works on-site, including managing all aspects of setting out, installation works, safety, quality, environmental, overseeing a team of site engineers, supervisors and other construction professionals.
- Management of supervisors at each project.
- Ensuing that the programme of the work is maintained in accordance with contract agreements.
- Communicating with the delivery team, ensuring they understand and achieve the required technical, quality and safety standards, in accordance with methodologies and works instructions you create (Method Statements / RAMS etc).
- Maintaining and monitoring technical, quality and safety standards, in accordance with delivery plans.
- Continual monitoring of project performance, providing updates to the Contracts Manager.
- Co-ordinating with quality engineers to compile records of as-built activities in accordance with the contract procedures.
- Co-ordinating with the wider team, for deliveries of equipment and materials to site.
- Pushing to maintaining company HSQE standards, working with the HSQE Manager.
- Reviewing the delivery and installation of works on-site, identifying areas of concern or improvement.
- Actively participating in progress meetings with the commercial team and the end client.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Circa 10+ years' experience working within the construction sector, compromising reinforced concrete slabs and other associated RC work (concrete pours, precast concrete units / tunnel segments etc).
- A relevant qualification in construction (i.e HNC/HND/Degree/NVQ).
- Site Safety qualifications, such as SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid etc.
- Experience of managing on-site construction teams, successfully delivering Reinforced Concrete works.
- A strong working knowledge of contract obligations, including HSQE.
- Conversant with creating, implementing ad monitoring RAMS and other associated documentation.
- Ability to understand technical drawings and documentation.
- Good communication, presentation and organisational skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.