Job Title: Planning and Resource Coordinator (Rail / Construction / Civil Engineering)
Location: Heathrow (Or Frimley, Surey)
Sector: Rail, Construction, Civil Engineering
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q4 2022
Salary: Negotiable (Circa £25,000 to £34,000 Per Annum + Package)
** Base salary negotiable on level and relevant experience
Our client, a specialist Rail Civil Engineering subcontractor within the Construction sector, is currently looking for a Planning and Resource Coordinator to join their Rail team on a permanent basis, where you will support Project Managers, coordinating workload on upcoming projects, through effective resource planning (resource including internal labour and equipment available etc). You will schedule workloads, ensuring that all documentation is in place, tracking all information a spreadsheet/database, prior to works commencing.
The work you will coordinate will be a mixture of planned and emergency repair works, within the Rail / Civil Engineering sector, and the role will be bias towards liaising with subcontractors, to schedule workload and instructing them to complete works, inputting data for set prices on their internal system (data input). Finally, you will liaise with the subcontractor to ensure that works are completed, as planned, noting down any changes and flagging this up to your line manager.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with construction subcontractors to schedule and organise set workload.
- Logging all information on a spreadsheet (data input), as well as creating a basic price quote, for the end client.
- This is achieved by referring to a set price list - training on this will be provided!
- Logging any changes to workload and flagging this up to you line manager.
- Populating, collating, checking and logging relevant data, collected from construction site projects.
- Ensures that all internal systems are kept up to date, assisting with internal operation and commercial departments with administrative tasks.
- Tracking, reviewing and updating project information on cloud-based software. (EasyBOP)
- Helping to ensure smooth daily operations, maintaining and updating systems.
- Keeping contractual documents up to date, making site teams aware of any action required.
- Supporting the Project Manager with various AdHoc tasks.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have worked in a similar position before, scheduling workload for project based staff.
- Experience liaising with subcontractors is preferred but not essential.
- Have you worked within the Rail / Civil Engineering / Construction industry.
- Be an organised individual, with good I.T skills, including the use of Excel and cloud-based software.
- Have worked in a high pressure environment, capable of dealing with last minute changes.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.