Job Title: Quantity Surveyors (HS2)
Location: London (S1, S2 HS2 sections)
Start Date: Q2 2021
Sectors: HS2, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Rail, Tunnels, Earthworks, Drainage, Structures
Type: Permanent role
Salary: NEGOTIABLE ON LEVEL / EXPERIENCE - CIRCA £40,000 to £65,000 Per Annum + Package.
Our client, a large established civil engineering contractor, is currently recruiting Quantity Surveyor's within their HS2 team, looking for candidates to join their team on a permanent basis, to help deliver HS2 works across the S1 & S2 sectors, over the coming years.
This role will entail helping to deliver various projects along the route of HS2, where workload will include but is not limited to: demolition, tunnelling, groundworks, earthworks & bulk muckshift, deep drainage, structures & bridges, utilities & service diversions, as well as the construction site compounds.
The role will suit experienced Civil Engineering / Infrastructure Quantity Surveyors, with a strong background in delivering major infrastructure projects, who are interested in working on the HS2 Scheme. This position will provide the opportunity to work on one of the most prestigious projects in the UK, overseeing cost control of works delivered, providing accurate and value generating input to projects, ensuring commercial activities are carried out in accordance with the contract agreements, company policies and procedures, and to the satisfaction of the end client. Dependant on level and experience, there is the opportunity to work independently, or under the direction of a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Cost control and forecasting.
- Preparing and providing input to monthly reports: value, cost, profit/loss, cash flow and budget.
- Preparing and assessing applications, valuations, cost/value reconciliation.
- Preparing agreements of applications for payment or the assessment & preparation of payment certificates.
- Assisting with Risk and Value Management to optimise solution.
- Monitoring and reviewing Risk Vs Opportunity with the project team.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Management and issuing of accurate, timely and compliant notices and correspondence.
- Commercial Contract Management, including all relevant contractual forms, methods of budgetary control and relevant software applications.
- Preparing supply chain enquiries, negotiating, administering and finalising supply chain contracts.
- Ensuring all notifications/documents are managed in accordance within the contract / set policies.
- Liaising with site teams, subcontractors and client representatives.
- Undertaking record-keeping, including but not limited to collating site records, the preparation of meeting packs, meeting invites and taking meeting minutes.
- Providing contractual advice to the project team, where appropriate.
- Maintaining awareness of different construction contracts in current use.
- Understanding the End Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, processes and statutory requirements.
Candidates will ideally:
- Hold a relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
- Be RICS / CICES accredited, holding chartership status, (or working towards).
- Previous experience working on large major infrastructure projects as a Quantity Surveyor.
- Strong knowledge of contracts, legislation and regulations used within the Construction, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure sectors.
- Experience of: setting up/maintaining office management systems including document control; drafting contractual correspondence on behalf of the project team; preparing payment certificates and interim financial reports; contributing to procurement and contract strategies.
- Strong contractual knowledge, alongside commercial, communication and IT skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.