Quantity Surveyor - Highways
Brighton, East Sussex
£50,000 - £60,000
My client, a leading national contractor, is currently recruiting for an exceptional Quantity Surveyor with experience in the delivery of highways/infrastructure projects to support their regional Transportation team, servicing highways and infrastructure projects in the East Sussex/Brighton area with a base at their Brighton Office. The right individual will possess experience in the delivery of commercial services functions for the construction of highways/infrastructure projects using NEC contracts.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to grow with their regional Transportation team, with the potential for career progression for the right candidate. This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of highways projects and to develop the Transportation team in Sussex and the South East as a whole. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, they will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
They are looking for a collaborative, engaging and adaptable individual to:
- Provide effective delivery of commercial management services across the highways and civil engineering sector.
- Provide support to the Transportation team on complex multi-faceted projects.
- Support the delivery of projects across the South Easy region working with our wide range of clients; initially working on a 12 month highways programme in Brighton.
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, as Quantity Surveyor for projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Preparing client cost reports and reporting on change during the life of a project.
- Preparing cost estimates and preparation of pricing documents such as BoQ's and Activity Schedules.
- Compilation of contract documentation using NEC suite of contracts,
- Awareness of project costs outside of direct construction (design, supervision, land, statutory undertakers, employer direct).
- Understanding of highways construction technology and methodology alongside how this translates into costs.
- Actively broaden your experience in line with the core competencies.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's policies.
- Complying with the Commercial Services Toolkit.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Building on your understanding of my clients service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to their clients.
- A relevant construction qualification
- A good working knowledge of current construction contracts, particularly NEC3 or NEC4.
- Involvement on commissions/projects as a QS
- Experience of both pre-and post-contract quantity surveying responsibilities and be able to deliver this service effectively to clients.
- Experience using the Method of Measurement for Highways Work.
- Understanding of the principles of the Manual of Contract Documents for Highways Work.
- Experience of risk management principles for highways projects using QCRA.
- Experience working with contractors, with proven longevity.
- Experience in working on projects within the highways/infrastructure sectors.
- The ability to manage a project throughout its life-cycle.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and Outlook.
If you are interested, or know of someone who could be, please do not hesitate to get in contact with Joshua Misailidis via email at or by phone at 020 7743 7582 for more information.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.