Quantity Surveyor - West Midlands based - Salary up to £38K per year.
You will be reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager the key focus for this role is to: Carry out the commercial role on the project in line with company processes and procedures to ensure the contractual and commercial position for our client is protected and the financial performance is improved. Along with develop and support junior team on the projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop a good understanding of the wider aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental law affecting.
- Have a full understanding and appreciation of the contract under which your project is operating and the risks and opportunities this presents.
- Understand and implement the requirements of the companies Health Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures and conduct all duties in a manner consistent with these.
- Develop a high level of competence in the application of IT skills to facilitate own role within the company's facilities.
- Use the CAFM platform to demonstrate our value to our clients.
- Have a clear understanding of the benefits and outputs available from our IT tools.
- Share best practice and knowledge of using the IT platforms with the wider teams.
- Actively seek to expand own knowledge base of the company's working practices and industry as a whole and promote development of others.
- Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Be an advocate for Lean management and encourage the operational and commercial teams to look for ways to improve our services and constantly improve.
- Identify, manage and continually demonstrate the value of our service to our clients through effective use of Management Information.
- Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Develop high level of understanding of planning, programming and works order tracking to ensure accurate progress reporting.
- Fully understand the project measures and performance criteria and influence the performance of our suppliers and teams against these metrics.
- Production of accurate and timely financial forecasts for use in setting targets
- Establish and maintain accurate and robust reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of financial models including cashflow; turnover forecasts and project profit / loss statement.
- Manage and report on the client's budget as required within the contract and constantly strive to improve the value of the service we provide.
- Develop and in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to contracts.
- Ensure the prompt identification of risks in projects and implement risk management techniques, risk registers and actions plan to mitigate the risks.
- Procure services and materials in an efficient manner with organisations in accordance with the company's procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of the company's quality policy and procedures and how these are applied to individuals own role.
- Ability to develop new ideas and developing it into a different approach.
- Share any innovations with the wider team.
- Utilise the company facilities commercial processes and procedures on projects in order to maximise returns in terms of profit and service level.
- Develop understanding and working knowledge of project close out processes.
- Contribute to direct reports performance appraisals.
- Contribute to the development and learning of the junior Commercial team on the projects.
- Develop a good understanding of Employment law about issues surrounding TUPE and Pension obligations and understand when to enlist professional help.
- Ensure that the commercial function is at the heart of the project team.
- Build strong network of contacts within the company facilities and the wider business and feedback learning form the contract.
- Actively researches issues to identify alternatives actions and always look to implement optimum solutions.
Qualifications and Skills
- BSc Quantity Surveying and Construction Management / HNC / HNC or Equivalent
- Occupation Competency Card-Required
- Experience- Refurb Projects, MOJ, Frameworks
- Professional Institution Membership-RICS
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.