Due to rapid and continued growth, I am recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading civil engineering focused contractor from their office close to Swindon. The ideal candidate will come from a construction/civils background and with experience in the water and wastewater industry, and have experience in pricing large and varied subcontracts.
Roles and responsibilities for the Quantity Surveyor are:
- Compile and complete competitive tender estimate/proposals and budgets for appraisal/adjudication by the Commercial Manager and/or Construction Director prior to their submission. This will include but not be limited to making site visits, raising tender queries, reviewing contract conditions, taking off accurate and complete quantities, producing outline programmes, building up fully detailed and transparent preliminary, labour, material, plant and sub-subcontractor rates using an appropriate excel spreadsheet format.
- Prepare handover pricing document for issue to the Operations team upon successful award of any contract.
- Co-ordinate with Commercial Manager to review feedback on any unsuccessful tender and take learning to future tenders.
- Generally build working relationships with supply chain and develop standard rate agreements where possible.
- For current projects allocated ensure that all external valuations are submitted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the subcontract making site visits where required to ensure accuracy. Actively chase for subsequent payments to be received on the due date and keep the Commercial Manager updated on any current and potential issues.
- For current projects allocated price and effectively agree all project variations with clients and subcontractors (if applicable), supported by the Commercial Manager. As part of this, visit sites to ensure suitably presented and accurate records are available working in conjunction with our site teams to maximize our position.
- For current projects allocated prepare contractual notices for all events and variations and administer the Subcontract conditions accordingly, aided and supported by the Commercial Manager.
- For current projects allocated achieve timely and equitable resolution of client and subcontractor final accounts in conjunction with the Commercial Manager.
- Ensure all hard copy and electronic commercial files are up kept in accordance with procedures and certifications.
To be considered for this role you should be experienced in Quantity Surveying within a civil engineering or groundworks environment. Any experience of working as a QS in the water and wastewater industry would be welcomed although not essential, as would estimating experience.
Salary and package for this role is expected to be in the region of £30000 to £40000 per annum with a competitive package included.
Please apply with your up to date CV for consideration.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.