Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary & package open to discussions
Exciting new requirement just in for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a highly reputable and respected Design Consultancy within their UK Water Design and Engineering function. We are looking for someone ambitious, motivated, enthusiastic to join their team in the South East, we are not fussy on where you live but you will be required to attend the Brighton office a couple times per week so ability to travel there is essential.
You will be joining a Cost & Commercial Management team covering diverse and technically demanding and stimulating projects in the areas of wastewater / clean-water Infrastructure and non-Infrastructure. Water experience is preferred but is not essential, we are open to candidates with rail/highways and infrastructure experience or experience on residential new-build sites as often utilities is a big part of those projects. Ideally, we are looking for individuals with consultancy experience and this position may also suit a Quantity Surveyor looking to progress into a Senior position.
- Manage and administer the NEC 3/4 or forms of contract for water/utility projects.
- Work on the client side, providing advice and recommendations to our clients in order to protect their interests as the end client.
- Work across the full project life cycle from cost plans for feasibility studies, preparing invitation to tender documents and reviewing the returned tenders, putting the contract in place, administering the contracts including contractual correspondence and responding to CE notifications etc. through to claims management, final accounts and when necessary disputes.
- Supporting Junior and graduate team members as required.
What we need from you:
- A good level of experience working within a civil engineering capacity, preferably within the water industry
- Good level of understanding and experience of civil design in water/sewage treatment works and infrastructure projects
- Good NEC Contract experience
- Possess the skills and experience to actively support the internal team and manage more junior staff on projects typically ranging between £100k and £15m.
- Demonstration of self-management and prioritisation skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to influence stakeholders and third parties
- Pre and Post Contract experience
- Capable of taking a project through from inception to completion
- Excellent understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and in particular Excel
What we can offer you in return:
- The opportunity to work with a genuinely fantastic company. They are a people-led organisation who efficiently operate a modern, flexible working environment (even before the pandemic started!) - Their reviews on Glassdoor are outstanding and they really do look after their employees. Anyone would be lucky to be a part of an organisation such as this one
- They are an equal opportunities employer with equality and diversity in the workplace
- They offer market leading salary’s and excellent benefits package
- They work on some of the biggest, most iconic projects across the world
- They are actively hiring and looking for new talent to join them to support these exciting projects
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to be part of an already established organisation with a forever growing presence, please submit your CV today or call 02380219108 for more information.