Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Residential / house building
Office location: Cheshire
Project locations: North West
Reporting to: The Commercial Director
This is an amazing opportunity for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join this award winning, national house builder.
Receive initial tender information from Estimating and prepare and update procurement schedules and programmes.
• Liaise with Design and Build Manager / Project Coordinator to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement.
• Liaise with estimating department to determine allowances in tender sum for specification and employer’s requirements.
• Identify VE ideas and suggestions including most efficient methods of construction and specification changes if appropriate
• Produce an initial RFI list and a Risks and Opportunities Schedule. Ensure Opportunities are realised and ensure the Construction team fully understand the ‘financial plan’ for the project
• Manage the RFI list and liaise with other departments to ensure all adequate information is received in line with the requirements of the project
• Select suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approve the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor’s Approved List. Ensure the AQS Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
• Manage the AQS to prepare and issue Subcontract package enquiries (mentor, correct or produce as necessary to ensure deadlines are met) Manage the AQS on the schedule showing current Status of each enquiry and ensure. Also, as required produce Schedule for pricing and undertake Take Off’s of quantities. (understanding of drawn information is essential)
• Manage the Supply Chain (Subcontractors) to ensure tenders/bids are received on time or record if they have declined to tender
• Prepare tender evaluations, clearly identify package requirements and any exclusions to ensure comparison is like for like, issue A6 forms for approval / signing by authorised signatory
• Produce subcontract orders and ensure drawn and specification information is issued with order
• Manage the AQS to ensure throughout the project updated drawings and specification changes are issued to Subcontractors
• Organise, Attend and Chair Subcontract prestart meetings ensuring attendance from H&S and Construction
• Ensure all necessary RAMS are received from each Subcontractor and pass them to H&S and Site for approval. Manage the AQS to produce a schedule of RAMS received ensuring it is updated regularly and issue to relevant parties.
• Prepare and monitor subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
• Attend and contribute to design team meetings as well as development meetings, main contract, and pre-start subcontract package review meetings. Ensure all actions from meetings are closed out in a timely manner
The successful Quantity Surveying candidate will:
• Have previous experience working for a House Builder or Main Contractor on Residential developments is preferable
• Have a strong knowledge of the residential sector
• First rate communication and influencing skills
• Good at developing relationships
• Flexible - able to work at all levels and at hands on level
• Proven written communication skills
• Excellent level of numeracy
• Computer literate in MS Office
• Experience Previous experience of building relationships with clients/customers
• IT skills including Microsoft packages (advanced knowledge)
• Hold a full driving licence
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Hold or be studying towards a relevant qualification in the field
• Have a demonstrable passion for construction
Salary and Benefits
£40,000 + £53,000
Pension plus contributions
Holidays plus bank holidays
How to apply for this Quantity Surveyor role:
If you are interested in this Quantity Surveyor position then please apply via LinkedIn alternatively you can send an up to date CV or call me on 07980 006 436 if you have any questions
- Sector: Residential, Construction
- Contact: Alex Smith
- Contact Email: Alexandra.Smith@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0161 832 7577
- Expiry Date: 29 December 2021
- Job Ref: 394727ASM
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor