Quantity Surveyor - Rail
Permanent -up to £45k
Anderselite are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Quantity Surveyor to support their commercial team across a variety of specialist civil engineering and rail related infrastructure multi-disciplinary projects.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will have Commercial Responsibility for multiple project.
* Manage, train and provide support to members of the commercial team, carrying out regular job chats, helping to train junior staff through on the job training
* Provide advice to the commercial team / project staff on site on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence
* Supply relevant commercial information / reports to the Senior QS / Managing QS / Commercial Director for review
* Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements
* Ensure all contract correspondence is recorded and logged
* Help to develop client relationships
* Attend all commercial meetings internal / external relevant to multiple projects
* Oversee / monitor contract costs against agreed budgets
* Monitor the use of cost and financial reporting systems
* Prepare and submit cash flow forecasting as required
* Carry out monthly / periodic financial reviews (CVR's) on multiple projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin
* Prepare and submit periodic valuations / application for payments ensuring that client payment and cash collection is achieved in accordance with the contract
* Oversee and monitor the process for production and submission of variations / change including maintaining variation / change log
* Identify potential commercial / financial risk and opportunity and evaluate options to mitigate
* Oversee and monitor the production, submission and agreement of final accounts in accordance with the contractual requirements
* Oversee the procedures and liaise with the Supply Chain for the procurement, negotiation and placing of subcontract and supplier orders
* Oversee the procedures for certification of contract payments / variations and settling final accounts to subcontractors in line with agreed terms and conditions
* Assist with tenders, both in terms of formulating and review
* Oversee and monitor the production, submission and agreement of final accounts in accordance with the contractual requirements and meeting the Client KPI deadlines
* Oversee the production and agreements of estimates on the NR Monitor system
* Comply and promote the company safety policy
Candidates will ideally have a degree in quantity surveying or equivalent, with previous rail/construction experience on major schemes and with strong IT and communication skills.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.